Skip to content

GaryM1308

New here
  1. Many thanks. I will get the garage to look into that. Strangely enough, the heated seat stopped working about a month before the power drain started
  2. Hi I have a 2010 Skoda estate 2.0 auto. It developed a fault a year ago where the battery was draining overnight and after visits to 2 separate garages (costing £900), it was diagnosed as having a faulty drivers seat module/actuator. I finally found one and it was installed yesterday. Unfortunately, the power drain started straight away so its obvious the module was not at fault. When the seat power wasn't connected, there was no power drain. The garage, who are vw/audi/skoda speacialists say that it may require a further 8 hours of investigation costing another £640. What could be causing the power drain? I am close to just selling the car for next to nothing as it is becoming a drain on my finances (excuse the pun) Thanks for any advice
  3. Thanks for the advice. I used a supposedly decent auto electrician who came out 3 times (charged £300) and couldn't diagnose the fault. Have taken the car to a local specialist. Been charged £515 for a full diagnostic check of the electrical system. They say that the drivers seat control unit is faulty and the cost for a fitted new one, coded and labour is £848.99 So that's now going to cost over £1600 for basically a new seat unit. I only paid £2k for the car and have already splashed out on a flywheel/clutch assembly, new wheel bearings (they were really buggered), full service and other smaller things (£2k in total) Is it worth spending the £848.99 or just scrap the car for parts?
  4. Hello all, newbie to this site. I have a 2010 Superb 2.0 diesel Auto Estate Over the last month or so, my battery was dying for some reason and I replaced it with a decent one. However, this has not resolved the problem. It has been to a VW/Audi garage and they could not find anything mechanically that would cause the problem. I then brought an auto electrician in and he has tried twice to resolve the problem but without success. According to my multi-meter, the battery goes from 12,4 Volts after driving and then down to 11.4 volts within 24 hours which means I have to boost the battery. I have tried turning everything off including leaving the car unlocked and alarm off but the same problem happens. Any ideas? Cheers Gary

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.