Skip to content

pompeyjim

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Ok but that will be from another model? There's no superb MK2 with them is there? I think Octavia might do but that will be the same green logo wheel that I'm trying to replace.
  2. I didn't think there was one from that era with paddles?
  3. That's what I thought. But the facelift MK2 one with multi function will fit in mine plug and play and the buttons will work?
  4. Ok thanks. Am I right in saying that a MK3 steering wheel with paddles and multi function won't work? My current pre face lift is multi function.
  5. I've browsed through previous posts regarding this, but can't seem to see if the facelift steering wheel is just a plug and play replacement into the pre facelift. Ideally I'd like to add paddle shift but I think that's only on MQB platform cars? Seen a few cheap facelift steering wheels on eBay but usually don't come with airbag. Will my pre facelift airbag fit? Cheers
  6. Maybe rattle is the wrong word. Resonating would be more accurate. It's definitely the air box as it stops when I put my hand on it. It's 2.0 tdi cr170.
  7. I've got a rattle or vibration around 1300 to 1500 rpm (annoying as that's about 30 mph). I've found that it's definitely the air box doing it. Is this common? It seems to be screwed down properly and tightly. At first I thought it was the second air intake thing as the top had a broken clip but I replaced that. What have other people done to fix it?
  8. Yes. They are brand new tyres too so I'm not too keen on ditching them for the 40's. I did wonder this myself but the difference is only a few mm so I dunno. I think it might be the first motor I've driven with electronic steering so maybe I'm not used to it.
  9. Without looking, I think the fronts should be 32 or about 2.2 bar. I raised it to 35 thinking it would help but it didn't. I'll check the plate.
  10. 225/40 18 front. 225/45 18 rear.
  11. About 35 psi. Some clown had fitted the wrong profile tyres to the rear before I bought it. 40's on front, 45's rear. I did wonder if that would affect the sensors and stuff but I can't imagine it would. It's only gonna be mm's difference.
  12. That's funny, I bought mine in September too and also changed the dsg thermostat! I've noticed those lines in the header tank really get effected by the road camber. I thought mine was low but it's just cos I topped it up when parked on other side of the road.
  13. I've been browsing on here as much as I can to see if it's been answered, but can't seem to find an answer. Steering on my '13 tdi feels heavy to me. I've had two garages have a quick drive and say they think it's ok, but I've had two friends say it's heavy (they both have skodas). It's not super heavy like having no power steering, but it's nowhere near "light". I ran a scan and found an 01309 code in the abs module. But, I did the lock to lock calibration and this cleared. I've ran live data on stuff like torque assistance and steering torque and all seems to be working. The dsr is set on 3. I've seen videos on youtube with other vag cars where they've undone the universal joint and greased it and solved heavy steering. Any other ideas would be appreciated before I start taking the carpet up. Thanks.
  14. Looks like the dealer is going to fix it under warranty, fingers crossed. If not, I will post a picture.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.