Skip to content

normanb

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Thank you for your help, muchly informative.
  2. Thanks again, as the refrigerant cans are pressurised, how do you get the oil in separately?
  3. Thank you for that, very comprehensive answer, I may look at doing it through the winter ready for next summer. Not in a rush as the weather here has started to change, Autumn/Winter comes early up here. I may ask around meantime to see if any of the garages (limited choice) would be willing to recharge it after I've replaced the condenser. I see complete kits on Amazon inc pump for about £180. A question, why would you need gas without oil? Then get the oil separately. I figure even if it costs £300+ for DIY I will have saved over £400. Shouldn't be a problem removing and refitting the condenser, (I trained as a mechanic looong before a/c on cars).
  4. normanb started following air con , A/C Condenser , Battery and 1 other
  5. My a/c condenser has a leak, it's been checked and it's not the compressor or the evaporator core. The system is empty no pressure in it. How hard is it to replace it, I was thinking of doing it myself (haven't looked into yet) as the garage wants £355, plus the condenser, plus the gas. All told over £700, I was thinking after replacing it I could get one of those kits from Amazon to recharge it. Has anyone replaced one and can give some tips, be much obliged or do you think it's a no go for diy?
  6. Not sure what choice there will be up here, maybe limited.
  7. Couldn't edit the previous post. Did a search, found a couple of youtube videos. So going to 'hopefully' follow those when I get the new battery.
  8. Thank you. Died on us last night, had a good run I suppose 8 years. Have to get a new one 🙁. I know it will need to be coded in, new to vcds, could I trouble you for the procedure please, would be much appreciated.
  9. Car is a 2018 Octavia, would I be right in thinking this is the original battery?
  10. Going back to them, have to wait to near the end of August unfortunately.
  11. Thanks I'll get back to the garage that did the re-gassing a few weeks ago. 5th of May to be precise charged me £96 for the privilege.
  12. Hi, I managed to find the relevant part of VCDS. These where the reading I got: IDE 00021 engine speed 1100/min IDE 00198 Refrigerant pressure 0.8 bar (11.6psi) IDE 00968 Compressor speed 1300/min This bar reading is the same static and running, air con on and off. I don't know if I've done this right but I checked the sensor with a multimeter and the reading seems to be 10k ohms, air con switched on or off. Not sure where to go from here. By the way the condenser rad at the front is not leaking but it's an awful mess, with fins missing and looking pretty blocked for air flow.
  13. I had an annoying clunk develop when switching from fresh air to recirculating and vice-versa. I had installed a rear camera when I first got the car and the clunk just started happening recently. There is another flap above the recirculating flap, just a narrow one that sits on top of the box. Found out after much trial and error, that somehow the loom for the camera had moved and the big connector was catching that flap. It was holding the flap against the motor, and when it had wound it up sufficiently, the flap sprang open/shut and caused the noise. Thought I'd post this in case anyone else had the same thing. Not a lot of space for the camera loom to fit into.
  14. Thanks I'll have a look over weekend.
  15. Hi My air con isn't getting cold, when I press the air con button the fresh air coming out the vents doesn't change. I've had the system re-gassed and they said there are no leaks. I've checked all the flap motors that I can see (4 of them, 3 on the left hand side and 1 on the right), all seem to be working. I've been looking at the workshop manual and the owners manual to try to find any fuse or relay that might control or power the compressor. Apart from fuse 7 behind the glove box, I can't see anything else, is there a relay? Does the compressor on this model have a clutch that should kick in? I read that some vehicles have some kind of variable compressor, so you don't get the click when you switch on the air con. Can I use vcds to check the air con pressure when it's off and when the engine is running. I'd appreciate some guidance on that as I'm new to vcds. Many thanks in advance for any help.
  16. Mine just fell off the other day, with a horrible graunching noise. Did you mean would it fail without it? I don't know I would doubt it though.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.