After two days of rabbit holes, I finally managed to activate both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay on my MIB2 for β¬0. Along the way I hit several obstacles that arenβt clearly explained anywhere online, so Iβm sharing what worked for me. Disclaimer Iβm not a technician. This is based on personal testing. Proceed at your own risk and make backups where possible. My setup MIB2 Technisat (MST2β¦ ending with βTβ) SD card slot available (glovebox) Green Engineering Menu accessible OBD2 adapter (Carista; any reliable ELM327 v1.4 should work) A lot of guides are incomplete or assume different hardware. I consolidated the bits that actually mattered on my unit, including the parts that commonly trip people up (GEM version, Toolbox structure, patch selection). Steps I followed Confirm compatibility: Software train starts with MST2 and ends with T (Technisat). Enable Green Engineering Menu (GEM): Via adaptations and OBD app. Prepare SD card: FAT32, copy MIB toolbox to root. If GEM < 4, copy the cpu folder from toolbox/gem/ to SD root as instructed. Install Toolbox via Software Update: Run update from the head unit; expect 2β3 reboots. Run the patch: In GEM β mibstd2_toolbox β Tools β select βPatch tsd.mibstd2.system.swap and generate EL.β Toggle features: In adaptations, activate Google GAL and Apple DIO (if not already active). Reboot and verify: Check MirrorLink menu; Android Auto and Apple CarPlay icons should appear. Use a compatible cable. Common snags I hit (and fixes) GEM version below 4: Needs the extra cpu folder copied as above. Single SD slot: Temporarily remove the maps card. Toolbox not detected: Reformat SD (FAT32), re-copy files, ensure correct directory structure. Adapter issues: Make sure your OBD2 dongle truly supports ELM327 v1.4. VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOUWVIDEOID