Skip to content

LockonStratos

Finding my way
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LockonStratos

  1. Flying by to say that after about 10 months since I bought the car and roughly 5 since engine swap began, it is finally on the road awaiting registration paper (local bureaucracy thing). I had some issues as is with any big work, but nothing that's related to putting CTH in previously CAV driven car, things like a leak here and there or mistake during assembly. It's worth mentioning that I have final stock CAV software ver.9971 Engine managed to complete all readiness codes. Pulls like it should both on compressor and turbo. Anything that I logged was within specification. No overheating, no undercoolling, no exhaust noise, no misfires, no smoke, fuel consumption within expectation, no rattles or knocks. What remains is a bit lumpy idle on cold weather starts due to NGK BKR7EIX plugs. It did noticeably improve after running full 45 liters of fuel with pulse gt injector cleaner which I opted to run because injectors were used with unknown past. Second thing is I had twice p0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold (mind you, after successful readiness). At first I thought it's an exhaust leak on cheap FA1 clamp, but no, second error was with pipes done by the book. Right now I'm thinking it might be aftermarket diverter valve with flat orings, but that doesn't fit the picture much. Alternative suspect is secondary O2 sensor with 170'000kms on it. My Renault Megane mk1 also had O2 trolling around constantly but not setting codes so I'm willing to guess a lazy sensor can be good enough for self-test but not for normal operation. Took me for ever to get around making a log of O2 sensor, I have about 2 hours of it but as luck would have it, with lackluster cheap scanner instead of VCDS. I'd like to post a photo, but there isn't any obvious CTH feature to show when it sits in engine bay.
  2. It just so happens I've been through this nightmare not long ago and buddy you're in for a headache. You might have it stored on VCDS or OBD scanner from previous reads, in history. I think full scan on VCDS does also list details. Option 2 is call stealership and talk to them about recovering code from VIN, but I do not know how this goes, and I'm certain it ain't gonna be cheap. Option 3 is NOT recommended, to suffer with AI and keep asking correct answers VERY VERY meticulously and then triple or quadruple check what it gave you. Part of the code is from VIN digits so you have to have it. Part of it is simply your car being Skoda Fabia 2011 but rest is gearbox, differential, traction control and you might brick those electronics. It took me 4 hours. I bricked chinese vcds cable, and had to correct "final" code about 12 times with advanced LAUNCH scanner. Good news is, that said LAUNCH kept me safe from few incorrect codes and it had correct security code written into it.
  3. Additional information about swapping injectors. In my '11 Fabia VRS. Original harness connector for injectors is 4D0971992 which mates with KOSTAL 10014252 and if you can't find this variant, than lower max. temp. p/n is KOSTAL 10010059 and use this to make adapter into 07P973702D for newer 03C 906 036 N injector. Another alternative is unpinning stock plugs and changing them to 1J0973722 harness side with 8D0973822 adapter side to 07P973702D injector side.
  4. I had all written down beforehand. Upon first upload I saw posts can be edit so I assumed it can be left and worked on further. Lately I've been digging some more but what I found isn't all that crucial. Maybe fact that cylinder head have two numbers, one for raw cast and other (sticker I think) for final setup with valves. For now I'll leave it as is.
  5. A bit lengthy post, but I'd like to share my findings so far. Reason one, this post often pops up in search, reason two, I'm currently trying to find replacement engine. Since CTHE are very difficult to come by and I found only one damaged I started cross-referencing other variants of CTH. I was using legit account of partslink24 with Seat Ibiza VIN that had CTHE and free account SuperETKA with few random VW model that had CTHA,B,C,D engine plus A1 with CTHG and of course my own Fabia with CAVE. By no means this list is exhaustive or definitive ! Following list has CTH numbers. If you see any error, please correct me. If you see CAV typed after CTH assume it's for all subvariants as stated for CTH i.e CTH E,D = CAV E,D / CTH A,B = CAV A,B unless specified otherwise. If I haven't typed F or G variants in few parts, but if E has them, then you can assume those two also. In green are parts that differ between CAV and CTH In blue are parts specific to high horsepower variants Throttle 03C 133 062 AA new partnumber from 2012 (most likely created with CTH variants) Coil on plug 036 905 715 H superseeds F and G Injector 03C 906 036 N superseeds M since 2012. Seat forums suggest that 03C 906 036 F was initially in CAV and can be swapped together with wiring connctors to fit CTH swap. Engine block 03C 103 011 AR - Same for CTH A,B,C,E,F,G and CAV Timing cover 03C 109 210 CM - specific for each engine, here CTHE it superseeded 03C 109 210 AR from CAVE. Important. Timing cover most likely this can be swapped between engines since as far as I can tell on the inside only oil separator is different and it's external shape that's chassis matched. Oil separator can be swapped. Timing covers from older units pre-CAV cannot be used. Separator made by Hengst from p/n AR is 03C 103 464 E and can be seen of photos for few different covers, but other p/n with changed final letter also exist. Way to difficult to pinpoint what's up. Complete piston set with rings 03C 107 065 CK - same for CTH A,B,C,D,E. In CAV it has notice of importance that it MUST be used instead of previous unit and funnily enough, diagrams say explicitly those older ones are permanently unavailable. Connecting rods 03C 198 401 D - same for CTH A,B,C,D,E and CAV Crankshaft 03C 105 101 BM is a superseeding unit BF (BF is in some CAV) - same for A,B,C,D,E and CAV Cylinder head with camshafts 03C 103 063 CR Specific to CTH E,F Cylinder head WITHOUT camshafts 03C 103 264 E same for CTH A,B,C,D,E,F and CAV Inlet camshaft 03C 109 101 DC same for CTH A,B,C,D,E and CAV Exhaust camshaft specific between CTH and CAV but A,B,C,D,E variants of those two share them so for example CTHA has same p/n as CTHE Cylinder head cover (one that hold camshafts) 03C 103 475 BC has been superseeded by p/n CD in 2013 for CTH A,B,C,D,E Valve lifter/rocker 036 109 411 K has superseeded 036 109 411 E in all CTH and CAV engines but it's not inherent to CTH Valve springs are a bit of mix. Most catalogs show one number for IN and one for EX aside from SEAT that uses one on both sides. EX-036 109 623 AC IN-036 109 623 R Most likely same for all CAV CTH Exhaust valves 03C 109 612 have been superseeded and changed for CTH. There are three p/n that differ in last letter G, R and AE Intakes valves show as two numbers 036 109 601 AD and 036 109 601 AL I'm not absolutely sure, but AL pops up more often with CTH. AD is in my CAVE Skoda. Timing chain tensioner 03C 109 507 BA has superseeded AH from CAV. BA fits CTH A,B,C,D,E,F,G Timing chain and guides 03C 109 158 A, 03C 109 509 P, 03C 109 469 K same for CAV CTH (A,B,C,D,E,F,G) Timing sprocket and adjuster 03C 109 571 F, 03C 109 088 E same for CAV CTH (A,B,C,D,E,F,G) Engine oil cooler 03C 117 021 J same for CTH A,B,C,D,E and CAV Turbo with manifold is variant specific for CTHE and others (some engines like CTHG have multiple numbers including rebuilt units) and it would take way to long to figure out which is which. Compressor 03C 145 601 E same for CTH A,B,C,D,E and CAV Water pump 03C 121 004 J same for all CAV CTH Sealing flange with sealing ring and trigger wheel 036 103 171 B same for all CTH and CAV Rear flange for gearbox 03C 103 551 H same for CTH B,C,D,E most likely others too. Intake tube for oil pump 03C 115 251 AE specific to higher power engines E,F,G but same for CAV and CTH Oil pump chain tensioner 03C 109 507 AF specific to higher power engines E,F,G but same for CAV and CTH Oil pump chain 03C 115 225 specific to higher power engines E,F,G but same for CAV and CTH Oil sump specific to C,B,E but interchangable CAV-CTH (A and D variants have different sump number) Oil pump 03C 115 105 AG same for CTH C,B,D,E - probably CAV too Oil pump sprocket 03C 115 121 J has superseeded M but both show in all CAV CTH Crankshaft oil pump sprocket 03C 105 209 AG specific to higher power engines E,F,G but same for CAV and CTH High pressure fuel pump 03C 127 026 M from cav has been superseeded for CTH with 03C 127 026 P and later there was newer superseed 03C 127 026 R some forums say it solved flooding and unequal delivery to cylinders. High press. fuel hose 03C 130 241 AS this is 4th final revision. My CAVE Skoda had AN or AP High press. fuel pump rocker 06L 109 311 has been changed for CTH (A,B,C,D,E,F,G) and superseeds in CAV In-tank fuel pump 6R0 919 051 N has been changed few times, this is final number. High output units also use higher pressure fuel filter. This is more chassis revision than CTH itself. Crankpulley 03D 105 255 D same for CTH C,B,D,E and CAV Cover in front/near oil pump 03C 103 669 H changed for CTH and superseeds p/n 03C 103 669 E for CAV PCV piping 03C 103 474 AD shows in diagrams with note "since 2012" but doesn't explicitly say it superseeds. This number I typed is from CTHE in Seat Ibiza. Second PCV pipe 03C 103 558 AA superseeded p/n K it's specific for CTH E,F,G notes say it has to be used with intake pipe 6R0 129 684 E Oil jets 03C 103 157 A same for CTH A,B,C,D,E,F,G and CAV and also many other engine including those starting with letter B. Additional info about timing. There is a separate kit from VAG that serves as upgrade, yet individual parts do not show as superseeding. Two notable are chain with less but thicker plated links and final revision of timing chain tensioner. It's number is 03C 198 229 B Letter B is important as this defines timing chain/oil pump sprocket ! This kit HAS TO BE used as COMPLETE swap. Sprockets have different amount of teeth, and even though final ratio is the same as stock CAV CTH, it CANNOT be mismatched. 03C109158H Timing chain (changed from A) 03C109507BD Chain tensioner (changed from BA) 03C109088G Camshaft adjuster (changed from E) 03C109571K Camshaft sprocket (changed from F) 03C105209BC Lower timing/pump sprocket 19/23 (changed from AG) 03C109509AA Chain guide (changed from P) 03C109469R Chain guide (changed from K)

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.