Everything posted by SkodaUser8
-
Very high bite point on Skoda Fabia 2 2011 estate 1.2 tsi (CBZA) 5 speed manual
Ahh, makes sense, hope this car won't have the same problem 🤞 No rust is really impressive, makes it worth keeping it alive and refreshing some components! Guess the car isn't a powerhouse, so can see where he's coming from, but it's nice that it still will get some use :)
-
Very high bite point on Skoda Fabia 2 2011 estate 1.2 tsi (CBZA) 5 speed manual
Wow, gone at just 60k, that's quite extreme 😬 Good to hear that it's been reliable beside the clutch though :) The previous owner of this vehicle was an older gentleman in his 80's, which was even more of a reason I wanted a guarantee on the clutch. The car is completely rust free (regular lanolin treatment) and the interior has been taken good care of, so I'm hoping the gentleman also took good care of his clutch 🤞 The dealer was also a mechanic and seemed to have a lot of good reviews online, so I'm hopeful that the car has many years of life left in it!
-
Very high bite point on Skoda Fabia 2 2011 estate 1.2 tsi (CBZA) 5 speed manual
Oh wow, that's quite concerning... We ended up signing the contract earlier today, but made the dealer add that they have knowledge of the clutch bite point being high and them confirming that it's normal and the clutch is in good condition into the contract. Did you figure out if it was the air in the system that caused the problem? Also, was there wear on the clutch when you removed it?
-
Very high bite point on Skoda Fabia 2 2011 estate 1.2 tsi (CBZA) 5 speed manual
and flooring it* Also heard that I won't be able to feel the difference in wear based on the travel distance since it's a hydraulic, does this track?
-
Very high bite point on Skoda Fabia 2 2011 estate 1.2 tsi (CBZA) 5 speed manual
Hello, I'm looking for advice concerning a used car that's being sold from a dealership, the car has 66000km and has followed every service with one owner. The timing chain is stretched, but they will replace it with an upgraded one before delivery at my request, but I noticed that the clutch bite point was very high during my test drive, is this normal? I own an automatic Fabia from the same generation, so I'm not not familiar with the manual clutches. As of now the clutch engages the gear at about 75-90% disengagement (when I let out the pedal), which feels a lot like a worn out clutch from a previous vehicle I've driven. I did try putting the car in high gear during a slight hill with low speed (40km/h and 4th gear, don't know if this is aggressive enough) without any increased RPM and a normal slow acceleration. I also tried putting the handbrake on and keeping the engine at 2k rpm, then slowly releasing the clutch to see when it stalled, it took a long time, but stalled around 80-90% disengagement. Appreciate any and all advice, the contract for the car needs to be signed tomorrow to keep my reservation 😅
-
EPC warning light and limp mode
Don't know if this is your issue, but I had the same symptoms a couple of years ago which was caused by a failing turbo actuator (P334A). Got it replaced at a garage and it's been good ever since
- 1.2 TSI CBZB DQ200 Misfires and rhythmic hesitation
- 1.2 TSI CBZB DQ200 Misfires and rhythmic hesitation
-
1.2 TSI CBZB DQ200 Misfires and rhythmic hesitation
I've had problems with misfires on my 2012 Fabia for a long time now, but it's been too subtle to notice while driving, and only really shows up on my scanner. This summer I changed my timing chain to the upgraded version and cleaned the intake valves. The spark plugs, coil and wires as well as a leaky Non-Return Valve have also been changed withing the last 12 months without improvement. I did a drive while recording the misfires and what situation they occurred in and found that all cylinders get misfires (between 1-3 each in 15 minutes of driving). I got 2 misfires while idling, 1 while driving normally, and 2 on the same cylinder right after putting it in "Sports" mode and giving it some gas. My total misfires are up to between 4k and 10k on each cylinder within the lifetime of the car, so I think this has been happening since I bought the car 4 years ago. There is also a rhythmic hesitation or hiccup that occurs especially when the engine is cold, but gets more subtle when the car is warm. The next thing on my list of things to try is to change is the vacuum hose (03F 133 751 B), but this is quite expensive, especially when I don't know if it's the issue or not. I can't quite figure out what is causing this problem and would appreciate any help and ideas :)