Skip to content

JamesA222

New here
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JamesA222

  1. That sounds about right for the setup being discussed at the time, although I’d be careful applying those details to a Karoq ordered today. Skoda has changed the Connect/Infotainment packages and subscription arrangements over the years, so I’d check the exact equipment and connected-services package for the model year rather than relying on the older UK pricing in this thread. The DataPlug is also worth treating separately from the built-in connected services. A VW DataPlug and the Skoda Connect system aren’t necessarily interchangeable just because both use the diagnostic socket. If the main reason for having it is locating the car, I’d check whether the current Skoda app and the specific Karoq configuration already provide that functionality before buying any additional hardware. For an older discussion like this, the general distinction between the built-in SIM, separate data connectivity and the infotainment hardware is still useful, but the subscription names, prices and supported features are the bits I’d verify against the current UK specification.
  2. I’d check the exact finance offer rather than assume the old Karoq deal still works the same way. Škoda/VWFS still allows early settlement, and you can request an up-to-date settlement figure through the finance account. The important bit is the wording of the current offer: if the £700 (or whatever the current contribution is) is conditional on taking the finance, check the terms to make sure there isn't a minimum period or other condition attached. Current Škoda offers still include finance-linked contributions and service incentives, so the basic idea hasn't disappeared. I'd get the dealer to give you the full finance agreement and settlement figure before signing, then compare the total cost against simply paying cash. If the contribution is genuinely greater than the small amount of interest/fees incurred before settlement, it can still be worthwhile—but I'd want that confirmed in writing rather than relying on how the 2018 deal worked.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.