Skip to content

munnst

New here
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Regarding changing the oil at 40k, just general googling so not stating that's what you should do. Just throwing it out there. Real world experience is more important. As was previously stated earlier in this thread people tend to report bad experiences not good ones and probably give an unfair impression. Skoda is a good brand and the Karoq a popular car so I wouldn't be surprised if you could own one, with regular servicing and a sympathetic driving style, without any major issues over high mileages. Interesting AI seems to think 80k is high mileage for a car. As someone who regularly takes their cars over 200k that surprises me.
  2. From what I have read not creeping in traffic prevents the dry clutch over heating. There's conflicting evidence but changing the mechatronic oil every 40k is suggested to prevent failure although for newer models there is no official oil change required. Interested to hear from mechanics on that one. Again like my Mondeos you'll find stories of people stating to change the cambelt at 50k for the diesel. I changed mine at the manufacturers recommendation of 125k without any problems.
  3. Thanks for the replies. I get the same with my previous two cars, both Ford Mondeos. One a 1.6 Petrol and my current vehicle a 2.0 Diesel. Both manuals. 200k on both without any problems. Yet if you google for reliability it seems to suggest 80-130k max. So like you say driving style is a factor. As I'm relatively sympathetic when driving hoping to get 100k before any major issues. £1800 for a mechatronic unit is comparable to a clutch replacement on a Ford so not too bad I guess. If I can get 15 years out of the Karoq (16 and 13 years for my two Mondeos) I'll be happy. We picked the Karoq because as we are getting old the Karoq offers a level of comfort we didn't find with most other brands.
  4. Hi, Buying a new 27 plate Skoda Karoq 1.5 with DSG gearbox. Interested to know what mileage you have on your Karoq with the 1.5 DSG and any issues you have encountered. Online searches seem to imply they blow up at 30k or go on for ever. Interested in real world driving. I do a 50/50 mix of country urban and motorway. Thank you.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.