-
OEM electric windows + mirrors retrofit on a 2001 Fabia Mk1 Classic – wiring / Comfort module questions
Yeah, that's my plan to take all the wiring, CCN, and connectors from a higher trim Fabia. I'm going to the junkyard next week. My plan is to basically to expose the CCN, and than start from the A pillars and trace back the wires from the blue 6 pin connector (T6o/T6n I believe), and also take a photo of mine so I'll know If there are extra cables I need from the A pillar, like the 2 connections trough the black cable which you have mentioned.
-
OEM electric windows + mirrors retrofit on a 2001 Fabia Mk1 Classic – wiring / Comfort module questions
Oh, really ? That's nice to hear, for once we don't have to overcomplicate things. I was actually looking trough the wiring diagram just now, since my Fabia is a Classic trim level It only has central locking, and therefore there are no components in the door that require the CAN connections (on higher trim level fabias its the orange/green and orange/brown cables in the blue connector at the A pillar if I'm not mistaken), so It obviously isn't there. Now, what I've seen on the wiring diagram is that for example the AC Control Unit (301) is tapped into the CAN lines (A146,A147), and since my car does have AC It therefore must also have the CAN Connections wired into It to a certain extent. The question is whether I'll be able to disconnect the part of the CAN lines going to the doors and plug It into my my car, making it a plug and play, or do I need to cut and reattach ? Also since we got the Remote Locking question out of the picture, does anyone know whether a Skoda Dealer could make a remote key for my lock barrel and with my transponder chip copied on It ? And the last thing I had on my mind is, will a CCM with a suffix E work with my Classic trim level if I switch It out ? Thanks you in advance for the replies! Cheers!
-
OEM electric windows + mirrors retrofit on a 2001 Fabia Mk1 Classic – wiring / Comfort module questions
Thank you for all the replies! I've seen a post here saying that the "brains" of the remote locking is in the Convenience Control Unit (CCM), and I also get the same result when searching on google. I corresponded all the wires from pictures of the CCM (6q0959 433 E -E is the highest trim level) and the wiring diagram of the Central Locking, and Anti-Theft System. All the wires are "occupied/taken" so all the wires from the picture I identified as part of mentioned systems. Now the questing is, where are the cables for the Remote Locking ? There is supposed to be an Antenna at least, and probably more. I also heard that It might be in the driver door, but at this point I really don't know. If anyone has the diagram for the Remote Locking It would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!
-
OEM electric windows + mirrors retrofit on a 2001 Fabia Mk1 Classic – wiring / Comfort module questions
Hi everyone, I have a 2001 Skoda Fabia Mk1 1.9 SDI Classic with A/C. It is a very basic model, currently equipped with manual front windows and manual mirrors. I'm looking into retrofitting the OEM electric front windows and electric mirrors using parts from a suitable donor Fabia, preferably an early Mk1 with the same generation of Comfort system as my 2001 car. So far, my plan is to source from a donor: front left and right electric window regulators + motors the corresponding door control modules (J386/J387, if applicable) front door wiring looms window switches / switch panels electric mirrors mirror adjustment switch the relevant body-side wiring between the A-pillars and the Comfort module the donor's J393 Comfort/Convenience module, if required I have been studying the wiring diagrams, but I have a few things I would really like to confirm before buying and dismantling a donor. 1. Body-side wiringThis is probably my biggest question. I understand that the door wiring harness itself is relatively straightforward: the door loom connects through the A-pillar to the vehicle-side wiring. However, I'm trying to understand what happens on the vehicle side of the A-pillar connector. Does the wiring from the A-pillar to the J393 form a separate branch of the body/interior harness, or is it integrated into the main dashboard/body wiring harness? In other words, if I find a suitable donor, can I remove: J393 → relevant body wiring → left/right A-pillar connectors without having to remove the entire dashboard wiring harness? Or are the wires for the electric windows/door modules integrated into a larger common harness with other vehicle systems? If anyone has pictures of the body-side wiring / A-pillar connectors from a factory electric-window Fabia, that would be extremely helpful. 2. Comfort moduleMy current understanding is that the early Fabia uses the J393 Comfort module together with the front door control modules. My current car obviously has a Comfort module already, since it has central locking, but I'm not sure whether the module fitted to a basic Classic is capable of supporting electric windows/mirrors. Would I need to replace my J393 with the module from the donor? Or does the existing module already support the necessary functions and only the additional wiring/door modules are missing? If a replacement J393 is required, are there specific part numbers/revisions I should look for? 3. Electric window systemFrom the wiring diagrams it looks like the electric window motors are associated with the door control modules, rather than being controlled directly by the J393. So am I correct in thinking that if I take the complete electric-window hardware from the donor — including the motor/regulator, door control module and door loom — I don't need any additional window controller elsewhere in the car? 4. Electric mirrorsIs the electric mirror adjustment controlled by the relevant door control module, or is there another separate mirror control module? My assumption at the moment is that I can take the complete electric mirrors, mirror switch and the necessary wiring from the donor and connect them to the appropriate door module/loom. 5. Compatibility / donor yearMy car is from 2001, so I understand that there was a change in the Fabia Comfort system around 2004. I have seen references to the earlier Comfort CAN system and later LIN-based systems. Therefore, should I specifically look for a pre-08/2004 donor to avoid mixing the two generations? Would a 2002/2003/early-2004 electric-window Fabia be the safest donor for my 2001 car? 6. Remote central lockingMy current key is only a normal mechanical key — I don't have a remote-control key. If I install a donor J393 that supports remote central locking, would I later be able to have a genuine OEM remote key programmed/adapted to the car? I'm not particularly interested in the remote key at the moment, but if the correct Comfort module is already being installed, I'd like to retain the possibility of adding it later. Also, does changing the J393 have any effect on the immobiliser, or are the immobiliser and remote-locking functions separate? My current ideaMy ideal retrofit would basically be: Donor: J393 relevant body-side wiring both front door looms J386/J387 electric window regulators + motors window switches electric mirrors mirror switch Then transfer these to my 2001 Classic and connect everything using the factory connectors/wiring. I'm hoping this can be done mostly OEM / plug-and-play, rather than running completely new wiring from scratch. If anyone has actually done this retrofit on a Fabia Mk1 that originally had manual windows, I'd really appreciate hearing exactly what you had to change. Especially interested in: exact parts required J393 part numbers J386/J387 part numbers wiring diagrams A-pillar/body-side wiring donor year/spec VCDS coding/adaptation anything that turned out to be unexpectedly different between manual and electric-window cars Thanks in advance! Any information, photos or part numbers would be hugely appreciated.
johnnolan
New here
-
Joined
-
Last visited