Skip to content

BristolianSteve

New here
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BristolianSteve

  1. Thanks for your response - much appreciated. When I scan for stations (DAB) I don't see the ones I want, namely Gold Radio and Smooth Radio. I can get them via CarPlay but I'd rather have them preset into the radio itself.
  2. Collected on Monday 7 September 2026 - my first Skoda. 2017 Superb Combi 2.0 TDI SE Executive Technology in Business Grey, with 7-speed DSG autobox and 134,000 miles on the clock. Loving it ... so far 😂👍
  3. Monday 7 September was a good day ... I collected my first Skoda from the selling car dealer. It's a 2017 Superb Combi 2.0 TDI SE Technology in Business Grey with a 7-speed DSG autobox and 134,000 miles on the clock. It had a new cam belt and water pump plus a gearbox service prior to me collecting the car so no worries on that score for a few years (hopefully). Wireless Apple CarPlay worked fine using the BT dongle I took out of my E-Class and yesterday I moved the dashcam across too. This morning National tyres (aka Halfords) turned up at my home at 8:30 to fit four new tyres (I seldom trust the tyres fitted to used cars) and was gone in under 45 minutes so the car is ready for its first trek to North Wales on Monday with four adults, a 90kg mobility scooter in the boot and our luggage on the roof. It should give me a better idea of what the car can do. 😊 Aside from the normal evidence of everyday use for the past 8 3/4 years it's in really nice condition and I'm looking forward to many years of trouble free motoring with it. One downside is that I'm struggling to get my head around how to change/preset the radio stations. It's clearly a me problem but the infotainment system appears far more complex than it needs to be and way less intuitive than the Mercedes. I will win in the end though 👍
  4. Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I will have lots of questions in the next few weeks. It's a close run thing between the Superb and the E-class for boot space. They actually have the same 660ltr capacity but the Merc is slightly wider between the wheel arches and when looking for a car to accommodate my wife's mobility scooter every mm counts 😁
  5. Hello there folks, 71-year old newbie here from Bristol in the UK. Confessions first; I currently drive a 2016 Mercedes E-class - no don't shoot me yet - but am looking to change that for a Skoda Superb in the very near future. I'm not much of a petrol head and look upon cars as a means of transport for me and the wife, who is disabled. I bought the E-class a few years ago as it has the biggest boot of any estates available in the UK and is able to swallow the wife's mobility scooter whilst leaving the rear seats up and useable. TBH, it has been a lovely car to drive, comfortable with good performance but just about the most unreliable car I've ever owned and I've finally decided it's time for a change, hence my membership here. The Superb has a boot that is just marginally smaller than the E-class and that (along with the excellent reviews it gets) is my over-arching reason for choosing it. Having said that, I'm hoping I will come to love the Superb as a reliable, comfortable car so that we can continue to enjoy European holidays without the worry about whether we will we make it home again 🙂 My interests are photography, mostly wildlife but I am also a photographer and web site manager for Green Street Racing Club - a group of real enthusiasts that attend track days and support Mission Motorsport (the armed forces motor sport charity). The support for MM is important to me as I'm an ex-Army veteran with 29 years of service. When not clicking a camera shutter I also enjoy road cycling.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.