Skip to content

DDW

New here
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Hi again, Okay, I left it on charger for the day and then disconnected battery and put the throttle body back in place. I then connected battery and did the 3 min with key on and it went through a bit more movement than it was last night. I then turned key back off and back on then started it. EPC light still on but limp mode gone. Drove it around a bit and EPC light stayed on. Got back to house shut it off and started it again and EPC light went offโ€ฆ no idea but seems to be fine. I still have the cord coming so will try and see if it gives any info when it comes but maybe a slightly low battery was causing issues? No idea what else it could have been. Thanks for the responses, always good to have someone responding when fighting through these things. Thanks, DDW
  2. A second hand one will put me back in same circumstance of needing to clean it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ do you think the one I did clean is okay and the limp mode EPC code is just not going to clear without the vcds clear? Looks like a controversial subject on here if they will clear by itself or not. I did unplug it when cleaning. Guess will know for sure when the cable comes later
  3. Hi, I will check the brake lights but would be big coincidence if that failed while I was cleaning throttle body :-) though murphys law does love coincidences. I have ordered a cable as it looks like for a 2004 the VCDS lite might work to reset it or at least read the codes and see what is going on. Just don't know if I should order a new throttle body just in case or not. Will have to be an order as nobody carries them locally. Thanks, DDW
  4. Hi and thanks for reply! I have tried several different reset options around battery disconnect and then key on for 30 seconds and off for 30 seconds (also longer periods and also letting it idle) but it seems pretty stuck in the EPC limp mode. Interestingly one time when I was trying reset it seemed to be working and revving normally etc but immediately when I took foot off brake it freaked out and went back into limp mode which seemed very weird and should be unrelated. I have verified ok hoses connected and nothing else was disturbed in process. I am wondering if I messed up the insides opening it manually to clean (pushing valve open) How is the VCDS set? I assume that needs to be at a shop? Thanks, DDW
  5. Hi all, New to forum but I have run into an issue trying to do good deed for bonus daughter. She has a Fabia Mk1 2004 and was having some issues with idling fuel usage. I thought an easy check would be cleaning the throttle body. It seemed easiest to remove it for cleaning which I did and from what I originally found online as long as gentle you could open the valve manually for cleaning, in true my normal operating form after that when I had problems I found all the info not to manually open as it causes problems. When I had it cleaned up and put it back on immediately the EPC light came on and it went into limp mode and won't come out. I have tried various ways to reset it (battery disconnect, key on for 30 seconds, etc) but nothing is making a difference. After a battery disconnect it goes into that EPC mode immediately. When the key is first turned on the valve flutters then does nothing. Now an interesting thing is even before I cleaned it, turning the key on and pressing the accelerator pedal did nothing as far as opening the valve whereas I see information it should open? Anyway, I am trying to figure out best option now as the car is inoperable and she returns tomorrow. :-( I have tried checking the pins on the throttle body with a multimeter but not sure I am following right pattern but the results there did not seem to give promising feedback. I also am not finding any of these available except for one about 1.5 hours away which might be my next step if nobody has anything to try. Thank you in advance for any help. DDW

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.