Everything posted by Cornish_Lad
-
Battery causing various errors
Last Sunday, my 2015 Yeti (with start / stop) flashed up a message on the infotainment screen stating 12v battery low, and infotainment would be disabled. My Yeti started ok, but over the next 3 or 4 days started throwing up ABS errors, Start / Stop Errors and all sorts of warning lights. Decided to use my Lidl Ultimate Speed smart charger (on the AGM mode) to see if it could charge / revitalise the battery. Upon plugging it in, it was showing less than 25% health and reading 11.8v. Checked it just over 8hrs later, and it was showing 100% health and 12.8v - yippee I thought. However, despite using Carista to clear the stored faults, they keep returning, and my Yeti has gone into limp mode 🙁 Any thoughts ? I know that Skoda and VW’s are finicky about failing batteries and will happily throw up all sorts of errors and problems. Should I replace the battery, or am I looking at a trip to the local Skoda specialist ? I’ll add Carista screenshots shortly - but I find it hard to believe that a failing battery can damage modules etc 🙁 Report incorrect data, yes … None of these errors were present until I had the dreaded 12v warning ..
-
HVAC Display on Infotainment Unit
Hmm … anyone know of a way of getting HVAC info on my factory fitted Skoda Infotainment unit ? It’s a 2015 2ltr Diesel model. Not sure of the head unit’s name, it’s touch screen, colour, no SatNav, but it does have a SD card slot in the front left hand side. i very recently had SmartLink activated at the dealer, so I’m guessing any applicable Infotainment Unit software updates would have been applied at the time. Oh, it also has a voice button, but it’s non functioning. Not sure why 🤷♂️
-
2010 1.9tdi ABS Sensor issue
All sorted Again thanks to @UrbanPanzerfor the link ... received a genuine OEM sensor within 24hrs of ordering. The old one was an awkward one to remove - it snapped off at the base, so had to drill into what was left, and lever it out ... came out eventually though. All remaining debris removed, and also the raised segments on the drive shaft were also cleaned up (thanks to @Murdockman for the heads up on that area) ... It's been 4 days now since the new one was fitted, had lot's of rain, sunshine and still no ABS sensor lit, so (fingers crossed) the fault has been cured. Appreciate all the replies and helpful advice
-
2010 1.9tdi ABS Sensor issue
Mine's still intermittent - so I've taken the plunge and ordered the part that @UrbanPanzerrecommended (cheers for that link mate) ... I know my mechanic friend / garage will only charge a tenner or so .... so fingers crossed it will solve the issue (I'm the type of person that hates any type pf dashboard light lit, regardless of the severity) BTW I reckon that the wife's Fabia has been talking to my Yeti, as I've now got the same bloody problem on mine :( Either that or the Cornish potholes this year :( Thanks for all the replies though folks !
-
2010 1.9tdi ABS Sensor issue
Hmm - you're right UrbanPanzer ... I think the next logical step is to replace the sensor, and go from there .... for the sake of a £50 part anyway. I've just been out to the car, and guess what, no sensor illuminated lol
-
2010 1.9tdi ABS Sensor issue
Hi all, Hoping someone can give me a few pointers, re the wife's 2010 1.9tdi ABS Sensor warning light ? Last weekend, the orange ABS light decided to show itself on the dash board - so I get my usual garage to have a look at it. A scan with an OBDII reader pointed towards a problem with the sensor on the front right hand wheel. So far so good .... so off comes the wheel, and my trusted mechanic decided to test the sensor somehow (maybe rolling road ?) and apparently the sensor is transmitting - so decided to clean up all the contacts, brush the wire pins inside the plug, and re-assemble the whole thing. ABS light by then had gone out, so car was returned to me as there didn't appear to be a problem. No charges either (he's a decent bloke) ... Roll on two days later, when it's pouring down with rain, and the sensor decides to illuminate again .... so I get home, switch off, go inside to find my Carista dongle with the intention of again scanning to see what error code comes up, and at that stage the sensor goes out, and no fault codes are stored .... Roll on to today, when the sensor again decides to illuminate itself ... I'm thinking (because of the intermittent issue) that maybe it's not the sensor, but more of a wiring / connection issue ? Any thoughts ? Anything I need to asking my mechanic to look at ? Could it be the actual ABS sensor maybe ? All idea's gratefully received
-
New Yeti Owner ... couple of questions on lighting ...
Re - driving on sidelights ... I was always under the impression that you can drive on sidelights in a built-up area ? The highway code would seem to suggest this is allowed ...
-
New Yeti Owner ... couple of questions on lighting ...
Cheers folks ... you've cleared up my queries I don't have auto-lights, or a Panoramic Roof .... still intrigued by these small 'cats-eyes' lights .... Under what circumstances would they light up ? When dipped beam is on, and door(s) are open ? I honestly thought they were sensors for the interior alarm ....
-
New Yeti Owner ... couple of questions on lighting ...
Hi all, Finally succumbed and bought a 2015 2lt Diesel Yeti last weekend (only £30 road tax ). Reluctantly traded in the 2007 Octavia, which although was fine, was starting to cause me problems access wise due to a hip injury that is now limiting my access / movement :( Have a couple of queries about the lights etc, hoping someone more knowledgable will be able to answer ? When on dipped beam, there is no 'warning' light in the dash (no green dipped beam symbol) ? Accidentally left my lights on one night, but didn't hear any 'lights left on alarm' ? Mind you, with the ignition off - the headlights were off anyway, maybe that's why ? Up above my head, where the lighting console / sunglasses holder sits, there are what looks like 2 little led lights, either side of the microphone ? Are these lights, or are they sensors for something ? Dashboard / instrument lighting ... I noticed that when driving though a dark, tree covered road last night, the dashboard lights (instrument cluster) dimmed automatically, so I could only see the needles ?? Not sure why ? Headlights weren't on - and I would have thought they would have gone brighter in the temporary darkness, not dimmer ? Any thoughts ? Cheers
-
P0234 Fault Code
Afternoon all .. My 57 the 1.9tdi (133,000 miles) developed a sudden loss of power this morning in the midst of an overtaking procedure. No MIL, no smoke, no oil leaks - just loss of power. A quick scan with Carista shows a P0234 error, which is turbo related. Any thoughts ? Sticky Vanes seems to appear a lot in a search, or is the turbo knackered 😡 I've owned the car for 4 1/2 years, always used Shell diesel, and have been doing kind of regular runs to London from Cornwall over the last year for Daughters University without any issues. Also Googling, and it would seem that £1000 is kind of a ball park figure for Turbo replacement ? Cheers Mark