Skip to content

Othen

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Othen

  1. That is a useful website - many thanks. alan
  2. Many thanks. I'm 300 miles south of you, so probably the second week of November until mid-March. Alan
  3. Eeeek! Winter isn't far away. The forecast here still has 6-7 degrees overnight for the next week or so.
  4. Many thanks chaps, Picking the bits out of those it would seem that the consensus would be to change the wheels and tyres in November, as soon as we start getting close to frost at night. In previous years I've just used the 18" alloys with original specification Continental tyres all year round, and that has been a bit precarious at times (mostly in Northamptonshire and Norfolk). This year I found a set of Audi 16" steel wheels with good Yokohama winter tyres fitted in the summer, and used them for a week whilst I had the alloys refurbished and powder coated. So, I know the 16" wheels and tyres are fine, and I'd quite like to keep my pristine powder coated 18" wheels (I think they are called 'trilogy') looking that way. That has been good guidance, many thanks - I'll look to swapping next month, until about March I should think. Alan
  5. Good morn, I have a set of steel wheels with good winter tyres fitted that I was planning to swap to for the coming winter. I wonder: at which point do you swap wheels? I live in the Midlands, so the weather won't be as severe as Scotland. Alan
  6. The right side rear shock on my 2013 Superb diesel estate has a slight weep, I've bought a pair of replacements and had a look at changing them today. It all looks straightforward, apart from the 21mm bolt that secures the bottom and faces straight inwards to the coil spring. There doesn't seem to be a way of attaching a socket spanner (which I would prefer) apart from removing the coil spring (which I could do, but would prefer to avoid if I can). Would it be possible (and safe) to use a 21mm ring (combination) spanner, which might just have enough clearance? If so, how could the nut be torqued up on reassembly? I'm hoping someone has done this and come up with a simple solution for what looks like an otherwise simple job. I've attached a photo which explains the problem.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.