car feels like an animal

hi all

ive had a bailey dv on for over a year now and although i love the noise i just hated it sticking open and causing limp mode, so i decided too put the standard 1 back on

since ive had it on the car feels so much more responsive she picks up quicker lower down, holds more boost,was roughly 10psi now shes pushing about 15psi and shes standard all ive done is forge tip, carbonio, power gasket and a full milltek with high flow cat

she also feels really quick now when i 1st got her i wasnt that impressed but

i am now ive had the above mods for a while now, they did seem to make a difference when i bought them(placebo?) but shes quick now the only thing that seems logical is someones took my car and remapped it, but whos gonna do that?

how can an old dv make my car quicker?

anyone got any ideas:thumbup:

The boost is high for a "standard" car, your old dv was an atmos one wasn't it ??? Which goes some way to explaning the new lease of life, I'm not quite sure of the technical reasons for this though:O And I don't think those mods would make the boost go higher on it's own, if you get what I mean.

maybe your wastegate valve is stuck closed!

or maybe a small elf adjusted the wastegate actuator rod?!

Does the boost just continue to rise to 15psi and beyond, or does it max out at 15?

The boost is high for a "standard" car, your old dv was an atmos one wasn't it ??? Which goes some way to explaning the new lease of life, I'm not quite sure of the technical reasons for this though:O And I don't think those mods would make the boost go higher on it's own, if you get what I mean.

yeah boost is high, i had a 6 hour free trial map a few months ago and when it ran out, (it was fast with map) so you could tell, the boost still went to 15 then dropped back to 10,it seemed to rush to 15 instantly but then go straight down to 10ish, but now it stays, obviously drops after time like normal

so has something loosened or learnt, i have no idea??

Alright buddy?

The exhaust may help with spool up but even so the n75 should bleed the excess boost off. Mine is remapped and peaks at 17psi before slowly dropping back, are you sure yours is not remapped?

maybe your wastegate valve is stuck closed!

or maybe a small elf adjusted the wastegate actuator rod?!

Does the boost just continue to rise to 15psi and beyond, or does it max out at 15?

it never rises above 15

the elf knew what he was doin then lol:thumbup:

Alright buddy?

The exhaust may help with spool up but even so the n75 should bleed the excess boost off. Mine is remapped and peaks at 17psi before slowly dropping back, are you sure yours is not remapped?

hi m8:thumbup:

im doin good cheers just lacing in money gutted

hows you?

positive its not mapped i know the history of the car and ive not dun it,

apart from the trial map which did run out,

0-60 times showed this 7.2 before and 6.6 after map it did definately run out

it felt amazin with it

so i dont know????

After a trial has finished some mapping companies use a different map to the standard one which was on the car to begin with. I have read that Revo do this and that it makes it harder for a different mapping company to remap over their map.

Maybe you got lucky and the replacement map was good....or maybe I'm talking gibberish as usual

Edited by martziniuk