Superb Elegance 1.9 tiptronic

slender

Four weeks after my father drove out of Brooklyn Skoda, Alcester with his brand spanking new Superb he is completely satisfied he made the right choice and has nothing but praise for the car. He loves the room (a major factor in choosing this car, especially coming from an elderly Leuxs LS - the big one!), loves the low down power, loves the MPG (especially coming from an elderly Lexus!!!!!), and loves the admiring glances it gets - sahara beige, if you're wondering. He is not enamoured with the rattling plastic sump guard that makes a very cheap sounding noise evry time the drivers door is shut - the demo model was the same - and he was not impressed with the silver screw heads used to secure his number plates. Not the fault of the car, granted, but a detail that should not have been allowed to happen (after he pointed this out to me I noticed the plates on my wifes Fabia vRS secured in the same fashion, so it wasn't a one off).

The dealer promised a full tank of fuel but in fact only filled it half way up and lost the umbrella kept in the door - nothing too heinous then. My wife used the same dealer to buy the Fabia and found them friendly but a little disorganised, to be polite.

The purpose of this post is to do no more than provide a point of reference for anybody searching the internet for info on this particular car. I hope it will be of some use to somebody in the future.

The dealership ordered the umbrella immediately and dad went and collected it as he'd left something in his old car which they retrieved for him.

At 66 and having retired from the motor trade a couple of years ago he has had, quite literally, hundreds of new cars over many, many years. But none has delighted him as much as this one. And the ironic thing is he completely rejected the idea of one when I first suggested it!