Yet another set of questions....(Fabia VRS speakers)

Toony

I know this has been asked multiple times and ive read everything i can with regards to fitting speakers in the front doors of the Fabia but quite simply i cant get anything to fit.

I bought a set of adapters to suit my car, these were plastic ones (Autoleads) I managed to get these fitted and my new speakers but when it came to putting the door card back on it was fouling on the adapter. I cut away part of the adapter where i could and it was still no good. As far as i could work out my adapters seemed to be catching the door card just below the speaker grill where it sticks out due to the storage space in the door. I also tried small brackets to hold the speaker away from the door and got it to the point where the speaker was touching the guide rail and even then it was still catching on the door card. These speakers had a depth of around 57mm

I am now determined to remove the OEM front speakers as i have already drilled out the rivets on the passenger side and i want better sound quality.

I honestly dont see what i'm missing with this. No-one else seems to have had any problems with a speaker or adapter catching the door card and im just stuck. I'm now looking into getting someone to custom fit a new set of speakers for me, obviously if it is possible to do myself i will.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

....Does anyone have any ideas?......

Yes. Phone Keith or Mike at K & M Acoustics in Wigan on 01942- 82 01 74

That's where I had my 6.5" Rockford speakers fitted and they will advise you.

I have no connection with them other than as a satisfied customer.

it is an aggravating job but well worth it as the improvement in sound is immense.

Don't give up... ! (And don't forget to sound-deaden the doors while you have the chance......)

Based in Stockton just near Middlesbrough. Had it in to a I.C.E fitting place this morning. It would appear i have bought the wrong adapters, despite them being labelled up as Fabia 2003-2007. The ones i got were massive. I've pretty much given up on doing it myself now. Buying another set of adapters now