Windscreen interior side: how to clean thoroughly

I've had a problem in the past that my water pump in the motor compartment was leaking. The problem was repaired under warranty, everything seems to be OK, coolant levels remain stable.

From about the same time I had some problems with a thin grease-like film deposit on the inside of my windscreen (caused by the anti freeze compound in the coolant fluid?).

I tried a number of cleaning agent to keep my windscreen clean on the inside but somehow I don't seem to be able to get completely rid of the film deposit. Alcohol or ammonia based, household stuff or special car glass cleaner: nothing does the trick.

I'm looking for a cleaning tip that will allow me to thoroughly clean the glass surface.

By the way: I would expect the pollen filter to prevent compounds like anti-freeze being sucked into the car interior from the motor compartment, not?

You will always get a greesy film build on the inside of the windows, more on the windscreen as the vents blow directly on it. The cabin filter only takes out course particulates, the fine particles in diesel fumes and oil mist you get from some cars passes through.

I use either Autoglym glass cleaner or Meguiars NCT Glass cleaner. A clean windscreen inside means less fogging in cold damp conditions to.

If it's really contaminated I would suggest a 50:50 mix of white vinegar and distilled water in a spray bottle with a good glass microfibre cloth. You need the cloth to disrupt the gunk so the vinegar can work properly. :thumbup:

My cars have always picked up dust on the inside of the screen, I try to just wipe off with a microfibre every week. But once a month I give it a proper polish with AG Glass Polish or CG Glass Cleaner.