Jacking Points

sloskoda

Hello there. I'm new to Skodas, and wondered if "Mk 1" Superbs have what I believe are called Workshop Jacking Points. These are strengthened points or areas which are used in workshops in preference to the normal "wheel-changing" jacking points (my term). My old Merc had rubber buttons about 2" diameter under the inner sills, my Discovery has the axles, chassis, sills....

Regards

The underside right near to jacking points on the inside of the weld seams is strong enough.

Also the reinforced area immediately next to rear towing eylet is very convenient to jack both rear wheels up at once.

I use a hockey puck on the jack's bowl, and after 5 years the underside looks undamaged at jacking points (though the rest is another story).

Hello there. I'm new to Skodas, and wondered if "Mk 1" Superbs have what I believe are called Workshop Jacking Points. These are strengthened points or areas which are used in workshops in preference to the normal "wheel-changing" jacking points (my term). My old Merc had rubber buttons about 2" diameter under the inner sills, my Discovery has the axles, chassis, sills....

Regards

hi there

if you are new to skodas then there will be lots of disappointment

disco world proven

mercs best cars anywhere

skoda superb, lemon, so many issues and worthless old technology

my best advise is to go back to mercs, i did just that and im very happy

if you want to continue down this dead end road, then you could do as we did,made up four jacking chocs with the same profile machined into the chock to mirror the sill and jacking points, (probably the best part of that car).

best regards

Thanks for your advice. I'll check the areas you suggest (if it ever stops raining), and I'll make myself some "adapters" for the trolley jack.

Re the relative merits of Land Rover, Merc and Skoda, all I can say is that having had Range Rovers and then Discoveries for 25 years or so, and Mercedes for about ten - they all have their problems, but you live with them because, for you at least, the good outweighs the bad.

Regards

hi there

if you are new to skodas then there will be lots of disappointment

disco world proven

mercs best cars anywhere

skoda superb, lemon, so many issues and worthless old technology

my best advise is to go back to mercs, i did just that and im very happy

if you want to continue down this dead end road, then you could do as we did,made up four jacking chocs with the same profile machined into the chock to mirror the sill and jacking points, (probably the best part of that car).

best regards

I would also move to mercs as they never break down except for:-

Manuel gearbox are crap

EGR valves fail

injectors break

cheap plastics

dealers worse that VW

Brakes are rubbish

overpriced parts

have I mentioned over priced parts?????

Fuel consumption that makes you cry

loose value quicker than a greek bond

Great in the snow if you like white knuckle rides and dont mind where you end up!

I have friends with C Class M class E class and a A class. ALL think mercs are overated and will not be returning! Oh and they all love my cheap bags of room Skoda!

strongmanatforrestgym I would offer to meet you to discuss these issues on my next ski trip to France but I am afraid your never make it there!

I would also move to mercs as they never break down except for:-

Manuel gearbox are crap

EGR valves fail

injectors break

cheap plastics

dealers worse that VW

Brakes are rubbish

overpriced parts

have I mentioned over priced parts?????

Fuel consumption that makes you cry

loose value quicker than a greek bond

Great in the snow if you like white knuckle rides and dont mind where you end up!

I have friends with C Class M class E class and a A class. ALL think mercs are overated and will not be returning! Oh and they all love my cheap bags of room Skoda!

strongmanatforrestgym I would offer to meet you to discuss these issues on my next ski trip to France but I am afraid your never make it there!

superbs are cheap for many reasons.

cheap bags of crap , not room

if thats all your friends can say , its got room , then maybe they think buses are good too!

as for making it to france to discus, i,d need to run that by my c/o, but he's a bit pushed for time trying to make A/stan a little safer, i'd need to meet you over there.