leaky sunroof fixed - hopefully

domhnall

OK so West End called me yesterday to confirm my new carpets had been fitted, the leak fixed and the car dried out.

Hard to test it yet as there is a funny yellow thing up in the sky, not sure what it is but there are no clouds so I assume it normally hides behind those.

For those who wanted to know where they problem drain is, they showed me that if you open the front doors, and then look in the area of the hinge, then you will see a rubber drain hole. On mine the water wasn't coming out of there but was draining down inside the trim at the left of the front passenger footwell.

Hope that helps. Not sure what you need to look for though, as I only looked once it was fixed. but I presume the problem was inside under the trim.

• Like 1

Oh and they fixed a dodgy seal on the driver's door window, updated the car's software and dealt with a recall on the fuel injection system. And when they washed the car they even put tyre dressing on the (winter) tyres. Not sure if they're expecting a mystery shopper from SUK but the tyre dressing is something I've never had from a dealer before. :sun:

any further information on the fuel injector recall ? Not been notified on our 1.2tsi DSG.

Software update for what??

Thanks for information so far.

For those who wanted to know where they problem drain is, they showed me that if you open the front doors, and then look in the area of the hinge, then you will see a rubber drain hole. On mine the water wasn't coming out of there but was draining down inside the trim at the left of the front passenger footwell. Hope that helps. Not sure what you need to look for though, as I only looked once it was fixed. but I presume the problem was inside under the trim.

Thanks very much for that. The drain outlet near the front door hinge is easy to locate and check now that you've found out about it.

Do we still not know whether it's possible to check the upper end of the drains at sunroof level?

Can't see any drain at the top end but haven't looked too hard.

The recall was 24w6 to "fit shim to turbocharger and software upgrade. "

The drain repair was "secure drain channel for sunroof, and replaced carpet and floor insulation "

And the wind noise from the driver's door I have heard from new was down to a defective door window guide seal.

Sent from my motorola xoom using tapatalk

I have had a few issues with the sunroof drains, the front drains block up and/or come off the front of the sunroof.

But we do have a bulletin on the rear drains. They empty out in a very stupid place in the tailgate aperture at the top. A modified kit moves the drain down into the wheel arch area so it can flow properly.

• Like 1

Mine is one of the newer ones with the rear drains that empty into the weekly arch anyway. Rain will be along before long so we will soon see if it is fixed.

Yeah I would not recommend letting it get to the point where you have mould growing under your mats, not a good idea at all.

I have had a few issues with the sunroof drains, the front drains block up and/or come off the front of the sunroof.

But we do have a bulletin on the rear drains. They empty out in a very stupid place in the tailgate aperture at the top. A modified kit moves the drain down into the wheel arch area so it can flow properly.

A modified kit? Hmmm. When do you guys fit that? Only when someone has a problem? Or if requested?