Open-top Skoda sportscar...

Dutch4x4

Went to the Techno Classica in Essen last Friday, which is Germany's largest classic-car fair. Apart from all the clubs and parts suppliers the Big Three from Germany (BMW, Mercedes, VAG) shell out some serious cash to create displays that almost put their Frankfurt or Geneva efforts in the shade.

Here you see how nice it is that Skoda is now part of a large automobile concern:

essen%20190.jpg

There was one classic Skoda in particular that was drawing my attention - a pretty red little open-top sportscar with a 1100cc engine pumping out an impressing 92 hp and reaching a top speed of 200 kph. Does anyone know more about it? I love it...

essen%20188.jpg

essen%20189.jpg

essen%20191.jpg

essen%20192.jpg

:thumbup:

I was kind of hoping you'd bumped into a new Fabia convertible. ;)

But thats much nicer. Nice to think that Skoda's modern reputation is getting them into places where they can show their heritage in car building. :thumbup:

I was kind of hoping you'd bumped into a new Fabia convertible
:DI was kind of hoping you hadn't!... :D

People in the office call my car a skip as it is - wouldn't a convertible be even more so - or even a pram!

This is one of my favourite Skoda's but only 2 or 3 were ever built. It competed in a few races and was pretty successful and had a very high top speed for an 1100cc car (something like 150mph off the top off my head)

There is one in the Skoda museum in MB, and Skoda UK have the one other which they bought at auction a few years ago for over

Think I saw the red one from the museum a few years back being run on their test track in MB it was awesome - have some video somewhere - Skoda CZ put on a bit of a show with some great action from one of their works Felicia Kit cars also.

John

there allready is a convertable Fabia about and its 2 door

Sorry to dissapoint Tigger, but thats a 3 year old photoshop.

It would be as popular as the Micra CC if it ever came out though (I.E, not very) as the Fabia does not have the style factor of the 206, Tigra or StreetKack.

Went to the Techno Classica in Essen last Friday' date=' which is Germany's largest classic-car fair. Apart from all the clubs and parts suppliers the Big Three from Germany (BMW, Mercedes, VAG) shell out some serious cash to create displays that almost put their Frankfurt or Geneva efforts in the shade.

Here you see how nice it is that Skoda is now part of a large automobile concern:

[img']http://www.diepraam.nl/essen/photos/essen%20190.jpg[/img]

There was one classic Skoda in particular that was drawing my attention - a pretty red little open-top sportscar with a 1100cc engine pumping out an impressing 92 hp and reaching a top speed of 200 kph. Does anyone know more about it? I love it...

essen%20188.jpg

essen%20189.jpg

essen%20191.jpg

essen%20192.jpg

They used that car in the 2001 Octy vRS brochure

you can't use that word with them surely :D

Saw a new Tigra the other day, for a minute (and from a distance) I thought it was some sort of new Vauxhall pickup, then saw the badge on the back, one word to describe it - UGGGGGGGGLLLLLLY...