Skoda takes the Yeti to the Namibian desert

Just a short article but here it is:

http://blog.caranddr...and-vws-bluegt/

Skoda-Yeti-01-626x382.jpg

Skoda-Yeti-02-626x382.jpg

So keep an eye out as this might be published elsewhere by one of the other 7 journalists. If you Google it it seems they were all German and thus all the articles are in German.

I did find this:

Interesting and informative quote from the German correspondent in above article for those that only looked at the pictures (which is usually me):

"I like the styling of the Yeti, which was conceived by Peter Wouda, now head of exterior design at VW’s Potsdam design studio. He drew the Geneva and Frankfurt concept vehicles in 2005, and public reaction was so positive that the project was fast-tracked into production without compromise. In this rare case, the decision was made after the concept car was shown, not before. Interestingly, Yeti was the internal name for the project within Škoda design: It was great off-road, but no one was sure if it would ever be seen. Behind the wheel, the sense of precision that permeates all VW Group products is well present. I’d take the Yeti over a Nissan Qashqai or a Hyundai Tucson anytime"