Exhaust manifold and downpipe.

Jonneh

Now then all, I'm looking into my options for a new exhaust manifold and 3 inch downpipe.

My current manifold has a crack so its going to be replaced anyway and was just curious if anyone has fitted any good uprated ones?

As well as this I was going to go for a 3 inch downpipe ready for my stage 2 map. Are the eBay ones any good for just under £100? Come with a decat too which seems pretty good.

Any advice or opinions would be great. :)

Cheers.

I know they're a must just wondered if anyone has had the eBay ones and had any problems? I take it yours is good Nick?

• 1 month later...

Right, i'm reusing my old thread as I could do with some help just to confirm how many bolts there are in the downpipe of the VRS?

I keep seeing 3 bolt and 4 bolt downpipes corresponding to different cars and pictures on ebay and I don't fancy getting it wrong!

This is going to fit isn't it? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d0002ec93 Maybe just overthinking it!

Cheers chaps.

Well that's what I thought but all the eBay pictures if you look for 1.8t downpipes that should fit have different flipping images! So its confusing.

I had one of them downpipes in link for abit, there a tight fit to get bolts back onto turbo with first bit of pipe been 3in,

Now have a 2.5in downpipe/sports cat and its alot better fit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK4-GTI-1-8T-20v-DECAT-DE-CAT-PIPE-EXHAUST-/350408561018?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGolf&hash=item5195fa517a

might be better off with this as it also has a box in it which if you get stopped by vosa might get away by looking like it still has a cat on it

I had one of them downpipes in link for abit, there a tight fit to get bolts back onto turbo with first bit of pipe been 3in,

Now have a 2.5in downpipe/sports cat and its alot better fit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK4-GTI-1-8T-20v-DECAT-DE-CAT-PIPE-EXHAUST-/350408561018?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGolf&hash=item5195fa517a

might be better off with this as it also has a box in it which if you get stopped by vosa might get away by looking like it still has a cat on it

I see, cheers for that bud. Question is a 2.5 inch and a 3 inch a lot different in capabilities? long term plan is to go Hybrid turbo and would like to keep the same downpipe the whole time and get the best gains.

If you run a 3inch down pipe would you need to run a 3inch system as well to get the beifits other wise the system would be restrictive if it was 2.5inch , on my audi rs4 i ran a pair of 3inch down pipes and a twin 3inch system to maximise the flow it did have twin hybrid ko4s.

mines a 3" milltek,its a pain in the arse to fit without knocking! it needs more support really,like another bracket welding on between the rear bumper and the rear wheel!

So to try and draw a conclusion from this a 3 inch one isn't necessary to get the best out of a Hybrid turbo? In case I do eventually get one.