Petrol Engined Yetis

YETIFIRST

I'm thoroughly enjoying my 110bhp SE 2WD Yeti - 9 months old with 8800 miles; 47 mpg average and much faster than I expected. The DPF has been faultless, probably because I have at least one 60 mile run at 2200rpm plus every week. But, and there's always a but, I'm probably going to be moving house next year and my long runs will become a thing of the past. To avoid the DPF issues I've been considering swapping for the 1.8 TSI but am put off by the mpg and RFL Band/emissions. I'll need 4WD as my new home will be somwhere in the Welsh hills.

I've been very impressed by the performance figures returned by the new(ish) VAG EA888 1.8 Turbo which I believe will be fitted to Octavia 3. Does anyone know if/when it might appear in the Yeti as the combination would be a perfect match to my needs?

Thanks, in advance for any info.

Richard

If it's going to be fitted, there is a chance it could appear with the facelift in about a year.

Otherwise it'll be when the Yeti mkII arrives in four or five years, but I doubt they'd leave the current engine in that long.

I'd hazard a total guess that the Yeti will get the newer 1.8tsi unit next year when it gets face lifted. By that time, all the other vag marques will have had it for some time inc Skoda in the Octavia. :-) Would be nice to have it with the option of DSG also IMO. :-)

I've driven my 1.2 tsi up and down all sorts of tracks visiting friends in the Perthshire hills and army training areas. suitably fitted with winter wheels it's pretty much a go anywhere car. So unless you actually drive over fields I don't think that your statement " I will need 4x4" is actually a hard and fast rule. If you're not doing big trips the 1.2 is a very reasonable proposition (and I was convinced I'd need the 1.4 or 1.8).