Another fine mess....

JCP

Sorry about the title, I just can't think of my new car as anything but a Laurel and Hardy. My plan to have the new Yeti registered from the outset with my personal plate has failed to work, essentially because my insurance broker couldn't quite grasp how two cars could be insured with the same index. I failed to explain so they could understand that at the very instant of transfer my current Yeti would automatically be issued with a different mark (from experience the one it originally bore when I bought it as a demo.

Instead I have opted to take it on a "13" and will be taking delivery tomorrow at 08.30 with the benefit of the Skoda free 7 day cover.

I'll report on the transition from TDi 140 to 1.8Tsi as soon as I have done some miles. I went and met the new car last Saturday and first impressions (stationary) excellent; will learn the Columbus over the next few days! :rain::rofl:

photo6_zpsf43105a0.jpg

• Like 3

Hi

Did you retain your personal plate for later use ? as I was shocked how much they have risen in price since buying ours.

Enjoy your new motor looks great :sun:

• Like 1

Yes, I'll do the transfer asap! The plate cost me £280 quite a long time ago-I suppose I could change my name to KR13CZF instead...

Don't know why the issue, it's fairly common.

I've done it a few times and on private land have had two vehicles with the same reg number for a short time.

I've also insured cars on the VIN.

• Like 1

I agree, and the inability of the broker to solve the problem would have been resolved in time but I'm a bit too impatient to teach other people how to do their jobs when the transfer can follow while I am enjoying a new toy.

• Like 1

Yes, I'll do the transfer asap! The plate cost me £280 quite a long time ago-I suppose I could change my name to KR13CZF instead...

That's a real pain. but KR13CZF would quite interesting on your tax return. :happy:

I'm afraid I am a rubbish photographer.

No you're not.

A way to get around that would be to move further back, and use the zoom to compress the perspective. :yes:

Slightly OT but is that Progress in Letchworth?! Great guys if so! Good luck with the new Yeti

*cough* get a Shark stage 1 remap on the 1.8TSi asap! *cough* ;-)

• Like 2

I thought the blue car was your new one and the black was for another customer....doh :doh:

Another one gone to the dark side :bandit:

• Like 1

Interesting to note that JCP is a very old Reg from Halifax. Many years ago before "year" related Regs CP and JX where issued in Halifax.Where I live now is easy it,s either MN or MAN, no year giveaway at all.

Tony

JCP funeral services :giggle:

Funny no one has thought of that for a Yeti - so far. It would make a change from the usual transport of choice.

Certainly wouldn't get bogged down in the cemetery mud :sweat:

Interesting to note that JCP is a very old Reg from Halifax. Many years ago before "year" related Regs CP and JX where issued in Halifax.Where I live now is easy it,s either MN or MAN, no year giveaway at all.

Tony

I'd thought JCP plates were issued in Newcastle? Interesting to know Halifax

• Like 1

Slightly OT but is that Progress in Letchworth?! Great guys if so! Good luck with the new Yeti

*cough* get a Shark stage 1 remap on the 1.8TSi asap! *cough* ;-)

Progress Letchworth should be on everyone's list of people to deal with. Helpful, professional and good value.

• Like 1

Progress Letchworth should be on everyone's list of people to deal with. Helpful, professional and good value.

Have to agree with this post.

I've been pondering this dilemma might happen when my change happens next month. Was thinking of taking up offer of 7 days free Skoda insurance with my reg on new Yeti. Then hopefully after a few days the DVLA database should be updated , I could then inform my insurance of change, or will this plan not work.

I've just bought two new cars, both registered with private plates. In both cases, the registrations were showing up correctly on the DVLA database on the day I collected the cars, which was also shown as the date of first registration (3rd and 10th May respectively). That's all that matters for insurance purposes - whatever car the numbers were on previously becomes irrelevant once they've been assigned to the new one (even if the physical plates still happen to be attached to the old car).

• Like 1

First significant driving impression:

Over 235 miles last evening from St Albans to Anmer and then South Creake and returing to St Albans. Motorway, A road, B road and some unclassified. Averages 54mph and 28mpg.

Much quicker and more responsive, lighter handling and slightly flighty, better brakes possibly slightly less nose weight?

Columbus excellent but with some strange route choices, possibly I need to get into settings as it was prioritising larger roads even when wholly mistaken on either time or distance.

I've been a regular traveller to and from those parts for 35+years and saw parts of the dual carriageways around Cambridge I didn't expect.

For my mileage the 3k extra for the 170 and the ridiculous price premium of British diesel mean the consumption is manageable-the extraordinary fun factor of the Tsi is a real joy!!

• Like 2