01598 Drive Battery Voltage Signal Too Low - Alarm ?

BRUN

Im having a problem with my alarm since yesterday with it going off 5-10 mins after locking

ran a diagnostic on everything and it came back with 01598 drive battery voltage signal too low

ive no problems with ABS/Steering, no warning lights on etc, so im pretty sure its not that signal wire which is a common fault, but could this fault code point to the car battery being duff ?.......or maybe the siren backup battery ?

no problems starting the car ever, starts straight away

this is on a Fabia I vRS 2004

so are we saying its the main vehicle battery as opposed to the back battery in the siren

both are as they were when they left the factory 9 years ago so ive done well to not need a battery before now

Yes, it relates to the main car battery.  I discovered that fault code on my Fabia when 40 months old.  There were no symptoms af anything wrong other than, in hindsight, the headlights dimming noticeably at night on steering lock. I let sleeping dogs lie for 5 months until the start of winter when I found the 'official' procedure for checking the battery by measuring no-load voltage.

That procedure is to switch off the ignition and disconnect the battery earth strap.  Wait 2 hours during which the battery must not be connected to any load or charge, then check the battery voltage using a multimeter.  The no load voltage must not fall below 12.5V.  In my case it was 12.35V.   The procedure then is to recharge the battery.  Next, wait 2 hours during which the battery must not be subjected to any load or charge.  Measure the voltage again.  If the no load voltage falls below 12.5V the battery must be replaced.

My battery voltage post charge was 12.47V, falling to 12.27V when connected.  I replaced the original Akuma 540A/61AH battery with a Bosch HSB096 which is a 780A/77AH one.  Thereafter the car started near instantly even in mid winter and the lights only dimmed slightly on steering lock.