Power loss but returns after restart

LJH888

Hey everyone, I seem to be down on power just recently but the car feels normal again after a couple of minutes with the engine turned off. Having experienced limp mode several times in the past I would say that this definately isn't it, the power loss is nowhere near as bad as limp mode although it's very noticeable.

Any suggestions anyone ? My car is an 06 1.9tdi and it has done 183,000 miles but turbo, egr valve have been replaced around 35,000 miles ago, MAF sensor too around 20,000 miles ago.

Thanks for reading, please help....

It sounds like stuck VNT vanes, a hole in a vacuum pipe connecting to the VNT or the controlling solenoid.

Have you got access to VAGCOM?

Getting out on the road with it connected and logging certain blocks will quickly rule out or prove quite alot!

Thanks mate for the quick reply. This afternoon I have also developed a metallic clicking type sound coming from the engine bay, it's intermittent but when the noise is present it rises with the revving of the engine while the car is stationary and under power. Could this be related to the turbo vanes sticking as you suggest ?