PD 100 drinking a little bit of oil

aolt

Hi All,

Just querying this as I'm not sure what I should look for first.

My PD100 has done 86k miles now, and was last serviced at 79k miles. Cam Belt is due July 2014.

I've noticed that it has started drinking some oil. It hasn't been topped up since service, but I am concern it is getting close to the min to the dipstick (Ordered some oil to top up)

One comment that came up before at the garage I got it serviced at, they noticed some oil staining around by the turbo, but noticed no issues.

What areas can I check out myself, and what main concerns would someone have?

I would check for any signs of oil dripping off the engine but otherwise if it has only used around 1 ltr in 7000 miles I really wouldn't worry, vw  say that 1 ltr every 1000 miles is ok ...

prob a bit getting past the turbo seals.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll have a close look in the engine and see if I can see anything.

I'm glad that it isn't uncommon to use some oil. I was taught that if the car is using oil, then it is the first sign of something not being right

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4