2013 octavia and Kenwood unit?

Hello.

Just ordered a 63 plate octavia vrs (it was a cancelled order so lucky to get hold of a new one) and unfortunately it didn't come with the Columbus sat nav which I wanted. The dealer offered the kenwood one as an alternative.

He said it would work as the standard balero unit would, the only thing would be that I wouldn't be able to answer the calls using the touch screen and I would have to use the steering wheel/stalk instead.

Firstly is this true or will the touch screen work when answering calls. Secondly will everything else be as is for the balero I.e will I be able to stream music from my phone to it via blue tooth and will all the screen functions work as the balero too? Lastly will the unit functions work with the trip computer screen too?

My only concern that is if the kenwood unit sacrifices any of the functions just to have a trick sat nav unit wouldn't be worth it for me.

Note phone is an iphone 5.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hello.

Just ordered a 63 plate octavia vrs (it was a cancelled order so lucky to get hold of a new one) and unfortunately it didn't come with the Columbus sat nav which I wanted. The dealer offered the kenwood one as an alternative.

He said it would work as the standard balero unit would, the only thing would be that I wouldn't be able to answer the calls using the touch screen and I would have to use the steering wheel/stalk instead.

Firstly is this true or will the touch screen work when answering calls. Secondly will everything else be as is for the balero I.e will I be able to stream music from my phone to it via blue tooth and will all the screen functions work as the balero too? Lastly will the unit functions work with the trip computer screen too?

My only concern that is if the kenwood unit sacrifices any of the functions just to have a trick sat nav unit wouldn't be worth it for me.

Note phone is an iphone 5.

Thanks

Did you get the Kenwoodfitted in yournew Octavia VRS?