Replacement/upgrade front bumper

Just had a little accident on my way home on the M5 which has resulted in my front bumper being damaged. I was wondering is it worth just having it replaced with a same pre-facelift bumper or bite the bullet and upgrade to a facelift VRS bumper? I won't be using my insurance as it is just not worth it (and excess and bumped premiums next year) but I have about £500 to spend (which is the same as my excess).

Anyone point me in the direction of some decent breakers or have some good advice?????

Well the garage has said my front bumper is beyond economical repair so need replacing. I would like a VRS front bumper as I believe it is a straight swap, but sourcing parts is the problem at the moment. A new bumper, fog lights and grills will set me back best part of £500 (quotes from 3 different repairers near me) so a upgrade looks the way to go but finding decent used parts is drawing a blank.

Is there any good Skoda breakers online?

It's not a straight swap I'm afraid.

The line of the top edge of the bumper as it passes under the headlights and meets the wing is different pre-FL to FL.

It can be done but you'll need both wings, headlights and a new grill as well as the expensive LED DRL's and slightly different fog lights, plus fixings.

This guy has done it...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/231220-fitting-a-vrs-front-bumper-on-a-standard-fl-octy/page-1?hl

SkodaOctaviavRS.jpg

Edited by silver1011

Well the garage has said my front bumper is beyond economical repair so need replacing. I would like a VRS front bumper as I believe it is a straight swap, but sourcing parts is the problem at the moment. A new bumper, fog lights and grills will set me back best part of £500 (quotes from 3 different repairers near me) so a upgrade looks the way to go but finding decent used parts is drawing a blank.

Is there any good Skoda breakers online?

FL vRS bumper to Pre-FL is not a straight swap. The curve below the headlights is different so you have to modify that part if you are not changing the headlights and side wings to FL model also. You also need to do some wiring and get a newer CECM in order to get the DRL's to work properly.

I have a pre face lift bumper sat in the garage as I've done the face lift conversion. Where's about are you? Hi nickolaidis don't suppose you've got any pictures or info?

I live in deepest darkest Somerset.....I don't suppose it is painted in Black Magic F9R??

I have a pre face lift bumper sat in the garage as I've done the face lift conversion. Where's about are you? Hi nickolaidis don't suppose you've got any pictures or info?

...any pictures or info for...? Did not get you right...sorry...:(

I live in deepest darkest Somerset.....I don't suppose it is painted in Black Magic F9R??

But...hey! At least paint is cheap so painting a bumper should not be huge expensive invoice...;) And will be fresh, like new...