1.2 TSI engine now with 110hp

Hello,

I noticed that Skoda is shipping Octavia with 1.2 TSI petrol engine and in spec its stated that is has 110hp. A year ago same engine had 105hp.

Do you think that my official dealer/service could tune my motor to 110hp and ofcourse should I even bother for additional 5hp?

Edited by bli34

You can remap the 1.2 TSI 105 ps engine and get 130 bhp or so,

But you will void the manufacturers warranty, so unlikely a Franchised Dealer will do it.

(As it is 105 ps is the Minimum Output, and many are showing on a dyno in excess of 110 ps anyway.)

You could put a Tuning Box on it as many other have.

The new 1.2 TSI 110 ps is Euro 6 Emissions, 

so maybe we will find out what they put out in ideal conditions when on a dyno,

and what people Remap those to achieve in output.

Hello,

I noticed that Skoda is shipping Octavia with 1.2 TSI petrol engine and in spec its stated that is has 110hp. A year ago same engine had 105hp.

Do you think that my official dealer/service could tune my motor to 110hp and ofcourse should I even bother for additional 5hp?

No, your Skoda dealer won't remap it to 110. And you won't notice the additional 5% anyway. From experience you need a minimum of 15-20% additional poke to notice a difference.

With Tuning Box warranty is not void as I can remove it before service and official delar could not know that I use it?

Is tuning box really just plug-and-play?

I agree that additional 5hp is not worth trying.