Dab aerial location

Hi,

Recently I had been having problems with our Columbus satnav system and worked out that the problem had been caused by having the DAB aerial too close to the GPS antenna.

I reverted to using the internal screen mounted DAB aerial but frequently get drop outs where we didnt get them with the external mag mount antenna.

I want to switch back to the mag mount antenna but don't know the best location to place it.  I had thought of mounting it on the boot lid.  

Any suggestions or maybe ideas for a better external aerial that migh be smaller?

Thanks,

it will be mounted on the normal roof aerial & id just replace it with a new complete unit for best results.

Do you mean the existing aerial?  The car didnt have the SatNav built in.  It was installed after we bought the car 2nd hand.