Problems pairing Android 7.1 Phone to Bolero

I've just upgraded to a new phone (Google Pixel) its absolutely superb however it just will not connect to my Bolero head unit in my '11 Octavia.

I set the phone to discoverable then go to phone search on the car, it initially finds the phone and gives me the code to input. Once the code is input the car changes to connecting but the phone flashes up wanting a second code. If I leave it the connection fails, if I re-input the same code it also fails! Has anyone had a similar problem? and is there a work around to get the thing connected?

Rich

Edited by RampantBadger

It appears my issue is one that is shared with a lot of other Pixel users, they are having serious problems connecting via Bluetooth to car hands free kits of multiple manufacturers. It is believed that it is an issue with Android 7 as it is only Pixels and some versions of the Nexus that are running it and both handsets are having similar issues, fingers crossed it get sorted in the next update...

14 hours ago, malcster said:

Have you tried signing up to the android beta programme 

Currently running 7.1.2  o issues on a nexus 6p or pixel XL 

I'm not, I hadn't realised that was an option! I will look into it, thank you.

Good news mate 

7.1.3 should be rolling out in the next week or so i usually leave the notification in the download prior to installing just to have a look on the net in case it has issues Before i install