Fabia Vrs First Impressions

J999VRS

Picked VRS up on Wednesday. Corrida Red with sunroof,cruise,xenons/headlamp washers,cd changer and side air bags i think? Has anyone got a fabia VRS with side air bags? I was told by the dealer that my car has them but having looked in the instruction book, I am not so sure. The oval 'airbag' badges do not appear on the side of the seats as indicated in the manual. There is an isolation switch for the passenger airbag in the glove box.

Couple of early niggles to report. The washer bottle has a leak so warning light and bleepers were early annoyances. The CD changer was not connected to the loom from the headunit so hasn't worked yet. Car going back in to dealer on wednesday for these two faults to be remedied.

Otherwise hugely impressed with the car. Just returned from long drive to Devon and Dartmoore. This car has proved that there can be life after twenty years driving Mk 1 Golf GTI's. I cant imagine a mercedes being too much more refined than this!! Performance with economy, low tax and even the stereo is excellent. I think Skoda will sell lots of these. I would buy an estate version if it ever comes.

:)

AARRGH - You were in Dartmoor...? Damn if I'd known I'd have come out to take a look at my first Fabia vRS.... Now I think that honour is going to have to wait until December 13th, when I see a nice yellow one, :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about the niggles though - I had an early washer hose pop off in the cold, but that was soon put right, and the audio worked fine for me (no CD changer though)