Columbus MIB1 Traffic Reports Disappeared

I have a Columbus MIB1 unit in my Octavia, running the latest firmware, 0411 and I have just updated the maps to the latest 2018 (version 166). I have just noticed that it is showing no traffic reports, and presumably cannot dynamically change route as it relies on the traffic information. This has occurred within the last few days, has never been a problem before. It may coincide with the new maps, but, as I understand it, the Traffic information comes from FM radio stations and is passed to the navigation system, so I cannot see how the maps can influence this process. Any ideas?, Anyone else have the problem?

12 hours ago, Paulius55 said:

as I understand it, the Traffic information comes from FM radio stations and is passed to the navigation system, so I cannot see how the maps can influence this process.

The maps have to include road codes that match the TMC data for traffic and rerouting to work, so the maps could be the problem.

Any way to revert back to your previous maps to test?

Very disappointing. I have reloaded the previous maps and the TMC still doesn't work, showing "0 report(s)".  This was a particular pain as we were driving home from Enfield and the Columbus could not take any of the hold-ups into account. We switched Waze on on the phone and it correctly knew about the various issues on the route and gave a completely different route to the Columbus. I didn't realise how much I relied on the TMC data. I hope it mends itself...

• 1 month later...

Still not working. On searching the forum it appears that others have had the problem from time to time with no explanation and it may fix itself in the future. Any thoughts from anyone else? On the plus side, Waze is doing very well but it's a little annoying having to use that instead of the nice built-in satnav.

• 2 months later...

I am very disappointed to say that the TMC on my Columbus MIB1 still doesn't work, showing "0 reports(s)". The FM radio is working fine, so it cannot be the RDS signal. Can somebody explain exactly how the system works? I have re-installed ECE 2018 maps but still nothing. It reduces the functionality of the unit significantly and used to work so well in the past. 

The only other issue I have with the Columbus is that I cannot assign logos to the DAB presets, the only ones that show are OTA ones such as BBC World Service. Logos assign to the FM presets with no problem.