Water in boot

Well I bit the bullet yesterday and took the bumper off. Removed the rear light clusters and boot seal and all the associated trim and couldn't find any holes that needed filling. The only ingress point I could see (with the help of a watering can) was the "sliders" that the bumper slides on to. The three square plastic locators that come through the bodywork and into the boot appeared to be letting in some water above the recess in the boot floor where the water was gathering. Generously siliconed them up inside and out and put everything back on the car. Went out this morning to check if it was dry (after no rainfall last night) and found it damp again!!

I'm now tempted to change the boot seal and light cluster seals to eliminate them from the equation unless any one has any better ideas?

Also, where is the cheapest place to get new seals from. Everyone on here says to avoid main dealers?????

Hi, give a dealer a ring, then possibly try TPS or search on internet mate.

I'm sure you'll then know how much it'll cost n where to get it from ;)

Personally not needed them so no idea of cost. 

:blink:

TPS in Norwich always sort me out and are happy to sell to public.  Don't ask them for part numbers though as you'll get their backs up - they don't give them out.