remote central locking not working

helmut

Hi just dried car out,repaired loom,done pollen filter mod etc,fitted a s/h comfort control module,with same part number as old unit, everything seems to be working but key fobs will not lock or unlock car,is there an easy fix to get the remotes to communicate with new ccm regards paul.

Thanks once again,did the procedure as described(no vcds needed) both key fobs now work did 100 miles over weekend,battery drain seems to have stopped,no more door lock clunking when driving and  interior lights coming on and off when they should, I also changed the suspect passenger side airbag sensor to the drivers side when I had the carpets up and the error code has changed to drivers side so that was handy just need to get one of those now. the car is an 06 plate with 36k genuine miles, when is the cambelt change due on mileage alone, I know because of the cars age changing it sooner than later would be the right thing just need a break from working on own car for a little while. Thanks for your help.

They only have a 4 year life on the car, and a 2 year expiry off the car (to give you 4 years on the car).

I think on mileage it is 60K, but if it is as old as the car you should really get it done ASAP.