Bluetooth and Spotify?

Gazr

Hi,

Picked my new rapid up yesterday and my Samsung S7 edge is connected to the car. 

Phone calls ect are working perfect, I've just played my Spotify via Bluetooth and worked fine. Come back to the car and now it's just coming through my phone not the car, even though the song that's playing is showing up on my head unit?

Any help would be grateful

Bluetooth can be somewhat troublesome. Just have to work around it. If you update your phone it may stop working or you may lose some functionality.

With mine Spotify always comes on playing whatever I was listening to before, even though I have clicked all the options telling it to not do this. I use the car and Bluetooth for listening to podcasts mainly. 

Just be grateful that it works at all. 

That's the thing, it worked once but then my phone won't connect to media so won't play any music at all only through AUX, but I don't like having wires around so no2 looking for a fix for my Samsung phone. Brother has a one plus phone and he's connected no problem, I've googled it and it's a fault with the Samsung phones and bluetooth connections media things.

Phone gets update > once per year. Car software gets update .... ? 

I think half of the problem is, when the car and phone pair across BT, the car recognizes that the phone has a later BT version than it knows. So it defaults to a fairly dumb mode of operation. 

You may get some functionality back by unpairing them then pairing them again. Good luck,