Arnold Clark Skoda Linwood

StevoM

After dealing with Henrys, Ingram Ayr and Westend Skoda tying to source an 1-3 year Octavia or Yeti but no success I went to Arnold Clark, my experience at previous visits to view cars had not been positive at other non franchise AC dealers - cars in poor condition for age or one Yeti that had new shocks and a replaced wing on further inspection. However the salesman/advisor in Linwood (John) was very helpful and brought a car from other branch, putting it from fleet to annual servicing with a dealer service included, painless process and car was fair price. This branch seemed to be above average in terms of other Arnold Clark dealers and was dealt with professionally. To early to say on aftersales service as no issues with car so far. I visited same branch a few weeks before but the different salesman was not as knowledgable or as interested. John had a much better attitude and ability to deal with enquiries, they experience was good and while car not as well prepped as previous Ingram purchase, the sales process was positive. I was surprised but confident in differences with Arnold Clark Linwood compared to other branches.

On another note - Henrys were better on return visit as second salesman was more active in trying to find a car and follow up (I had to chase up first salesman), Westend were good at following up but couldn't source a car on budget - the stock they had was top end in terms of valuation. Ingrams did not get back despite me buying a car previously and I had to chase up, they didn't make any effort to keep looking - just that they could not source a car which was surprising as henrys showed me a list of cars they can get from Skoda for all dealers! Ultimately all other dealers seemed to struggle to access stock with exception of Henrys but the  ex-fleet/hire cars they could get were more expensive than AC.

I would still recommend Henrys but maybe less so Ingram as they didn't seem as keen on a sale. They were good 3 years ago when I bought my wife's car.