110,000miles service complete

Citigouk

Following on from the 100,000miles service our citigo ASG has now just had its 110,000mile service!!!

We've tried to share our servicing experience and on this occasion we decided against having it serviced by a main skoda dealer and going to our local hammers;  the first time  and we have an interesting story to tell.

The service we went for would be the major service with spark plugs and all the filters. Being trusting to Skoda we were really surprised to get a call from hammers to be advised one of the coil packs was not budging and that they would likely need to replace it once removed. 

With agreement we got another call explaining that it was removed and they were querying the last time the spark plugs were changed and asked me to visit them to inspect the spark plugs which had been removed. 2 were in good order... the one with the stubborn pack ... well it had had many birthdays and was close to destruction!!!

In others opinion Skoda hadn't previously changed this spark plug due to the coil pack. Very disappointing considering the citigo was supplied with the 5yr/100k warranty and it would have been an easy claim. 

Our Citigo ASG other than this part replacement remains faultless (i decided at 6 years old and with covid that battery change was due) since its purchase in 2014. We would like to buy a replacement Citigo ASG but of course that isn't possible and when you look at 2017/18 used options its as if they have hardly depreciated!! 

The decision now is to keep running it until it can give no more and share our experience which will now be provided by hammers opposed to Skoda

I would be interested to know how other Citigo owners experience when the mileage is similar to ours and what to look out for? Also how do you get a non approved garage service to be updated on the skoda digital service history?

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 26/06/2020 at 07:42, Citigouk said:

Also how do you get a non approved garage service to be updated on the skoda digital service history?

Some non Skoda garages can update the digital service history on ERWIN but they have to registrar / pay to do it.

It is just as good to have all the invoices from any service work that has been done.

coil packs was not budging

Have heard of this before.

I have removed / refitted coil packs from my cars and had no problems at all.

There are special coil pack removal tools, and clips on youtube on how to get any stubborn ones out.

the one with the stubborn pack

middle one?

Thanks. AG Falco