Octavia Scout 2.0TDI '08 - Lapik

Lapik

Have been thinking of making a topic for a while, so here I am. Please don't judge my language, as I'm from somewhere cold and far away Estonia.

Anyway, by the end of August in 2015, our old Mondeo was feeling as old as dino and at the time my fiancee requested on getting something newer (she disliked the 1.8 TCi tractor engine mostly). We even went to take test drive new Octavias, but since bank was not kind enough to offer good conditions based on our estimated annual mileage, we had to opt for used one. After rather long search I ended up on high mileage (compared to other similar cars from Germany) car nearby. I quickly checked the car and liked it and it led to my first and so far last fight with my soon-to-be wife - neither of us wanted to drive the old Ford. 

And here is a picture of it 20 minutes after signing all the documents- Hooraay Lauri, You had just bought another car for Swedish bank

10265485_1070772522957686_4426989385492310175_o.thumb.jpg.912cc4b0f24b311e340967e77f5f73d5.jpg

Car is pretty much packed with optional stuff, missing satnav, electric seats with memories and leather (or half leather, as I've never seen full lether seats yet) and towbar - Xenons, auto-wipers, lightning pack, jumbo box and everything else essential was already there.

So then I drove it a lot in all kinds of conditions - mud, snow, ice, sand - and was pleased. First major brakedown was ignition lock. And when mileage hit 400 000 km ( ca 250 000 miles), another VAG service was need to take care of the top-end of engine, reconitioned head and a lot of new parts. Later, another pile of new parts was needed to clear the mess left behind incompetent mechanics. So, at 420 000 km (260 000 miles), following list of parts was changed:

1) Cylinder head

2) Camshaft + tappets

3) Front springs + support bearings

4) 2x  unit injectors to mach up the set to equal ones

5) Full set of poly bushes

6) Front and rear disks + pads

7) Rear wiper motor

8) Fuel tank straps

9) Headlamp washers

10) 3rd brake light

11) Some inlet tubing and locking rings

12) ...

By the time our little son was born, Skoda was waiting for a third garage to finish with axle adjustments and we had purchased VW Sharan 4Motion to cover our expanded requrements in interiour space so Skoda sat sadly for most of the summer until le wild winter arrived in October with a lot of snow and it quickly became our most popular car again ( I also have a 2.0 Hdi engined Peugeot Partner for extra eco-driving) 

After long thinking on how to reduce number of cars in household, we chose to keep Skoda nad Pug and sell the VW as the most complex and un-economical car. By moving in to our countryside house, we don't need to carry as much things as we used to keep the VW just because it looks nice and has nice seats.

I'll try to keep You guys posted with pictures from past and present.

Cheers,

Lauri

• Like 2