Re-Map and the fix?

Teza

When you have a remap is the diesel gate fix automatically written over or does this involve the mapper having to do a separate Fix?

Hence more work and a higher cost?

It'll depend on the tuner. You don't need to remove the fix but it seems recommended.

Assuming there is an easily available pre fix update for your ECU, it shouldn't take long to revert it.

Probably worth speaking to your tuner to see what they do based on your ECU.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had I gone to Cornwall to their workshop & not used a mobile unit or local dealer Celtic Tuning would have removed the emissions "fix" free of charge, the dealer wanted £90 but it would not have been a roolback but allegedly a later less debilitating VAG revision for the fix.

I declined as I have an EGR emulator/simulator so there are no negative effects of the EGR but am questioning my decision, the ECU "thinks" that EGR is occurring and hence the calculated soot load is rising as fast as ever and the regens still far too frequent for my liking but then my journey profile has changed with the lockdown.

It seems to me that the 25g soot threshold to trigger the regen is using the calculated and not the measured value, the problem being that I would need to have seen the figures just before a regen happens, does anybody know?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, b1ackb1rd said:

If it's a 1.6tdi Greenline I would be interested in the results of the remap on low speed grunt which we notice compared to our 110hp 2.0tdi. 

The standard torque figures for the 2.0 110 and 1.6 105 engines are exactly the same at 250/1,500-2,500

2 hours ago, Urrell said:

The standard torque figures for the 2.0 110 and 1.6 105 engines are exactly the same at 250/1,500-2,500

Ok, then I think some of my Greenline's low speed horses are sooted up - the car came from London where it did short, low speed journeys only. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2021 at 13:31, J.R. said:

It seems to me that the 25g soot threshold to trigger the regen is using the calculated and not the measured value, the problem being that I would need to have seen the figures just before a regen happens, does anybody know?

I can recommend getting a cheap OBD bluetooth dongle, and using the free "VAG DPF" app on your phone (might be Android only, but I haven't checked in a while).

I used to monitor the behaviour of mine a *lot*, had the phone on a screen mount with the app running most of the time - really helps you understand the behaviour of the car & DPF.

My 170 used to begin active regens (given the right conditions) when either the measured or the calculated figure met a threshold, which IIRC was somewhere in the region of 18g, but I think this threshold may vary from one model of car/engine to another.

There's also a mileage-based trigger, in case the car passively regens well enough to keep the soot loading low all the time, quite a few hundred miles though I think and my Yeti would never ever get remotely near it, it always triggered off soot loading values.

Edited by muddyboots
  • Like 1

nokia 2310.pngBut thanks for the following:

My 170 used to begin active regens (given the right conditions) when either the measured or the calculated figure met a threshold, which IIRC was somewhere in the region of 18g.

Edited by J.R.