Fitting Rear Parking Sensors

Culagh

I have fitted aftermarket rear parking sensors to my previous Mk1, my current Mk2 and my daughters 2010 Polo. The post below identifies the ones I fitted which given the low price may be worth a try by simply wiring into the reversing light to ensure correct operation before cutting bumper. On my fitments I have never removed a bumper, drilling based on where the OE sensors appear to be located and using the coat hanger wire trick to feed the wires. Unsure on areas to feed into the boot on a Mk3 but on the Mk2 there is a rubber flap just under the lock mechanism.

CISBO REVERSING PARKING SENSOR 4 SENSORS AUDIO BUZZER ALARM CISBO 336-4 U.K. | eBay

Yes that is correct as this option was possible on the Mk2, having the rubber flap in the wheel well. The wires were then run to the small storage pocket in the passenger side of the boot area where I fitted the control unit and the buzzer with the power wire for the control unit then being fed up/spliced into the reversing light wiring.