Octavia iv. Is it a 13kw hr battery or a 10kw battery?

Ive just got a 2021 octavia iv.  In the data  screen it says im getting 4.1 miles per kWh.   But i only get shown as having a maximum range of about 40 miles    Surely if its a 13 kw hr battery it should be giving me 52 miles range 

I never look at the miles per KWH, I just look at the amount of miles I have when I get in the car and try to maximise that - most I ever got was 38 miles ish. I think it’s 42 max and it’s a 13kwh battery. 

Hi,

I have an iV VRS and my long term data is showing 3.2 mi/kWh. Don't think I have ever had more than 29 miles out of a full charge since I got the car on October last year.

John

22 hours ago, Wedgwood said:

Ive just got a 2021 octavia iv.  In the data  screen it says im getting 4.1 miles per kWh.   But i only get shown as having a maximum range of about 40 miles    Surely if its a 13 kw hr battery it should be giving me 52 miles range 

The iV has a 13kWh battery and we get about 30 miles on e-power in summer with the aircon on. I might test it with the aircon off to see whether there is a significant difference. We live in a hilly part of the country, which will affect energy consumption. It drops to around 20 miles in winter owing to a less efficient battery and the heater being on. In wet weather the headlights come on too.

Thanks All. Yes I agree the miles per k/wh is clearly totally inaccurate.  I’d have thought it not beyond Skoda to have worked out how to do it properly when so much else is really excellent    Ive been driving it recently in eco e mode and am getting about 38 miles so not far off the stated max.   Admittedly the journeys have been well suited to this mode.  But thats why i bought the car so a good result so far.   Lets wait till winter and see then

• Like 1