Skip to content

BillyParker

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Unforunately the car developed electrical faults, Map detail disaappearing with an image of a car in a blank screen, an intermittent warning the active sign recognition wasn't working, a booming/resonance in the cabin plus others. Took it back and rejected it under the Consumer Rights act on monday 5 oct. After my Superb it was a disapointment.
  2. Well, all change, had the car a week and took it back with faults from day 1, and rejected it under Consurmers Rights Act. Dealer was ok about that, but they've sold my old Superb. They are putting my financail position back to where it was refunding cash I paid and the pex trade in value, but at the moment I'm carless, except for the Fabia they have given me as a courtesy car til the rejection process is over. Only problem I'm in somerset and travelling to scotland on 22nd Oct, just over 2 weeks to source another car. Not to worry I'll treat myself and hire a good car. Can't find a Superb, think I'll treat myself to a Merc e class
  3. I took delivery of a ex demo SE l Edition DSG 1.5 tsi on Monday. Traded in my 2018 Suberb for it. Must admit having second thoughts now
  4. BillyParker posted a topic in Skoda Karoq
    Hi, I've been on Briskoda for just over 4 years but on the Superb forum. Tomorrow I am getting my 2026 Karoq 1.5 TSI SE L Edition delivered. 3 Months old ex demo, so will be on this forum now a lot, to learn about it, and perhaps contribute a bit.
  5. Well, been on here for over 4 years now, contributed some, and learnt a lot more. But time to say goodbye. But not to Briskoda, just this forum. I am getting a 2026 Skoda Karoq delivered tomorrow, so will be migrating over to that forum. Thanks for all advice given here, it's helped a lot.
  6. My OEM tyres were these and when I renewed the back tyres @ 26k, I replaced them with the same. So I can't really compare. The front ones had been changed to Pirelli prior to my getting the car with and IMHO the pirelli are noisier. When they need replacing I will use the ventus prime again.
  7. There is a 25% discount at the moment for Black Friday and free postage so makes a difference.
  8. Okay, strange as it may seem, I've had my Superb for over 2 years now and last week was the first time I have been out in the dark. I was shocked how poor the light quality was, especially dipped beam. I was on a B road on dip and never went above 20mph. So I'm thinking of changing the bulbs, especially the dipped (LowBeam) bulb. I've had a look through the forum but can't find much about these, plenty about fogs, indicators, reversing and interiors. I looked on various sites and found AutobulbsDirect.co.uk, and when I entered my VRN they showed appropriate bulbs. If I am going to replace I am getting the best I can afford and the ones I chose were: Low beam - D3S Osram nightbreaker Laser Xenarc +220% @ £199.20 a pair. For main beam - H7 Osram nightbreaker 220% 12v 55w @ £47.50. I was surprised that low beam bulbs were so expensive. So are these bulbs any good, has anyone fitted them, was it easy and were there any problems. TIA.
  9. I changed my battery last year from EFB to AGM. Never even thought about memory savers. Changed it over then let the engine management know battery type had changed using OBD11. Started up and drove off with no problems.
  10. I had this problem. I got round it by having music playing. When the music muted, it meant Waze was making an announcemnt. Turn the radio volume up at that point. I could hear the announcements after that. Hope it helps.
  11. you can buy an anti slip matting roll from Halfords. 45cm wide and 125cm long. You can cut it to size to fit your dash quite easily with scissors. Just over a fiver.
  12. I updated my MY2017 in 2022 when I got it, with no problems, but won't bother again. I use Waze which is constantly updated and far less trouble. If you go down this route the only thing I would advise is to use a really good quality short cable from the socket to the phone.
  13. I have changed batteries on two keys now on my 2018 2l with no problems. CR205.
  14. Having heard of the horrors stories about these bags bursting, I replaced my header tank with a new one, with no bag. I have paid for a 2 year warranty, recovery, 2 services and MOTs. Could they refuse to honour this because I changed the header tank.
  15. The tfc announcments arn't as comprehensive, only local radio stations. (or not so local) I,m in Somerset and only get Welsh announcements . Drove up to Scotlalnd last month and got local updates all the way.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.