Carplay unreliable

Danush

2021 Kamiq with original Apple USB-C to lightning cable. Often iPhone says "accessory not supported" when plugging in. It worked a handful of times but fails more often than succeeds.

Was thinking perhaps the infotainment needs a software update but I have no clue where to download it...

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2022 at 12:35, Danush said:

Odd, mine doesn't. Have you ever upgraded the firmware?

All kamiq have car play. Updates are automatic press smart link and make sure your phone settings are correct 

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/08/2022 at 17:19, skoda1982 said:

All kamiq have car play. Updates are automatic press smart link and make sure your phone settings are correct 

Yes, you are right that all Kamiq have Car Play connection, but not all of them wireless.

Some model have CarPlay/AA only via cable.

20 hours ago, Allesandu said:

Yes, you are right that all Kamiq have Car Play connection, but not all of them wireless.

Some model have CarPlay/AA only via cable.

I thought it was the mobile phone that was the restriction for WiFi connection to CarPlay/AA. I had an Honor 8X phone when I bought the Kamiq. That could only connect via cable. My current phone is a Samsung A52S and that connects via WiFi to the car using Android Auto. I have found out by chance that my phone needs to be directly under the Amundsen unit to ensure a steady connection. Any farther away and it disconnects then reconnects at random.

• 1 month later...