More power for my Superb PD130 ????

Firstly, after 6 months of being a Superb owner, I am still loving the car. Having previously owned a Leon Cupra remapped to 224BHP, I am still missing the extra power though. I am running with a Dragon Digital set on max and probably putting out around 170 BHP. When my waranty is up in september, I intend to get a custom remap at Jabba. I know from their website that the custom map will produce around 190BHP (assuming rollers are accurate) but I would still like more. I also know that the clutch wont be able to handle much more than that anyway.

My questions are, based on standard 130BHP and not dragon'd;

1) What other mods can be done other than remap, how much and what REALISTIC BHP to be expected??

2) How much for a uprated clutch (cost & cost+fitting)

Thanks in advance for the help

To get significantly more power, you'll probably want to go down the hybrid turbo, big FMIC and maybe even LPG route. Not sure on cost, but a few of the Fabia drivers have done that and seen gains between 200-220bhp (depending on which rollers you believe ;))....

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

find places will change between £500-£700 for an uprated clutch. Jabba supply and fit Sachs clutches. You have 2 options. Organic which will handles 330lbf or a 370lbsft one. Forgot its name.

Before you think of bigger turbo's you needs a front mounted intercooler to keep the intake temps below 90c. May have to go down the custom route.

You can change you garrett turbo to a GT1749VB (PD150) Think jabba quote around 200bhp. After that its a hybrid. Again jabba offer these. This will take you to about 220bhp. A turbo dynamics stage 2 which is a hybrid of your trubo (VNT17) and a VNT20 from the 2.5tdi costs £975 +vat.

This is the max you can go with standard injectors. Last time I spoke to Jabba they were looking into bigger injectors. If not you can get them from Allard at around £900. Also you can get them from Kerma fro $800.

How about getting a clutch and FMIC and getting jabba to map it with max torque?