My 2nd Skoda

Last Sept we bought a Fabia VRS. Both myself and partner work in the same school so this was our main car. I also had a Saab 9000 Aero. I recently got a new job so required a 2nd economical (but medium/large) car. I saw a very nice 03 superb elegance on here and bought it. I cant actually believe we dont have 1, but 2 Skodas in our household......:eek: who would have thought it! :rofl:

I have a few niggles:

Catvision - drivers side LED is dimmer than passenger. The car had a new pollen filter due to water ingress, and seller reckoned this might have caused this too. If this was the case should both LED's have drop? Could 1 just be failing? How to change?

Electric windows : open and close by locking/unlocking car with key in drivers door - should i be able to control with remote too?

The engine (tdi130) seems a little noiser than the Fabia when driving, is this due to supressed road/wind noise in the Superb? Any body else noticed? Do the engines suffer from vacuum leaks at all - any obvious places to look?

Im also thinking of upgrading - I would want 150-160hp with a very flat uprated torque curve and the ability to pull higher up the rev range. Who is the best remapper for this?

All in all I am well impressed with my new lounge.............:):thumbup:

Welcome to the Superb club!

Electric Windows: Press and hold the unlock/lock button on the keyfob.

Power: A Dragon Digital tuning box would give you those kind of figures (Ask Fluffy). There are others here that have had AMD (Octygone) and Jabba remaps, so I'm sure someone will be along shortly.

All the Best

Chris

Dragon Digital from www.mrhoot.com of their ebay website (£25 cheaper) Will give you around 170 BHP and is fully adjustable. Set mine to economy setting when I went to Scotland and got 60 mpg or set to performance for err.............performance. Set me back £275 and took about 1hr to fit. (due to being fiddly behing the engine)

Holding lock/un-lock on the key fob should operate the windows. One trick you might be able to try is to get in the car, turn the ignition on and press the window up button. Once closed, continue to hold the button for 5 seconds. Do this to all windows and try the key fob again.