drivers seat electrical adjusters

Faultless for 9000 miles my superb elegance has decided to hiccup. For some reason the electric adjusters in the drivers seat have failed. I am unsure as to whether the heating is affected as in this weather the seats are permanently warm. Passenger side motors work perfectly. Still have almost 2 years of warranty remaining but i prefer to look at the more obvious things ie fuses before embarking on a 40 mile round trip to the dealers. Could anyone give me some pointers as to where i could start. The seat is perfectly adjusted for me but my partner, who loves driving the car is currently denied the opportunity...:D

The seat is perfectly adjusted for me but my partner, who loves driving the car is currently denied the opportunity...:D

Sounds like the best scenerio mate, LOL!!

Sorry but I can't help you on your problem, don't have elevtric seats on mine but I would have suggested you check that the wiring hasn't come loose under the seat? Must be a harness connection somewhere from the vehicle harness to the wiring loom of the seat? Water leak in the footwell maybe?

I have an identical problem. From a date last year the mechanism is protected by a self resetting thermal trip, and as the passenger seat still operates you can rule this out. Spoke to dealer, they have had problem before and was resolved by replacing a circuit board. Car goes in on Thursday.

For ParishBeadle. Update on car seat failure. Dealer said problem was caused by a connector under the seat coming loose. I had felt under there before contacting them but couldnt find anything loose. It may be worth using a torch and a mirror to get a better look.