Bluetooth for Bolero

rdavis01

Hey, 

I have a 2012 Yeti SE with a Bolero head unit that does not have Bluetooth. 
I believe there’s an oem bluetooth upgrade I can purchase and fit to make it bluetooth, which in theory will make hands free etc work also. Is it worth trying this, or just replace the whole head unit with Xtrons or similar? If it’s worth doing, can someone point me in the right direction of the bluetooth kit I need? 

thanks!

5FDB560E-4555-459E-BB27-BFAD88DB4BAD.jpeg

@idleness

I do. I looked at one of these, but it seems that they can’t draw power from the aux therefore need to either be charged or also plugged into a usb port. I don’t have a usb in the armrest, only aux, so would have to have a cable running through past the cup holders etc to get power for it. I’d do this if it was as straight forward as buy one and plug it in, but otherwise, I don’t mind spending a few quid to get it sorted properly. 
Thanks for the suggestion though!

11 hours ago, rdavis01 said:

@idleness

I do. I looked at one of these, but it seems that they can’t draw power from the aux therefore need to either be charged or also plugged into a usb port. I don’t have a usb in the armrest, only aux, so would have to have a cable running through past the cup holders etc to get power for it. I’d do this if it was as straight forward as buy one and plug it in, but otherwise, I don’t mind spending a few quid to get it sorted properly. 
Thanks for the suggestion though!

I found that mine needed charging about every 3-4 days with intensive use streaming music. So never bothered to leave it plugged in just put it on charge from the cig socket  overnight evey couple of days or so.

Its a cheap and easy solution.

12 hours ago, idleness said:

Do you have a centre armrest with an AUX socket in it?

If you do then this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133829334896?

Works well for streaming audio, it can also connect the phone for calls. 

Had one of these in the aux socket on my RNS315 for many years, a bargain at the price. 

• Like 1