Intermittent windscreen wipers

Hi I have had my 2016 Skoda fabia mk3 for just over two months now and it has developed a weird fault with the windscreen wipers. 
The wipers now don’t work when pulled down to clear the windscreen once or on intermittent or speed one, they work fine on speed 2. But when set to speed 2 then turned straight back off all the other positions then work for a short time then stop after no longer than a minute. I’ve checked and replaced all associated fuses and still the same issue 

thanks if anyone can help

EDIT: Our fault was as you described. Wipers stopped working all together but putting them on position 2 (high) made everything work again for a while.

If you have manual non auto wipers like we had. A decent probability it's the stalk itself. If you search the forum and across Polos and Ibizas forums it's a known fault. Basically the idea is the electrical contacts are been shorted by dirt/filings as they are greased. So need to be cleaned ultimately.

Solution ultimately is this

Or easier to try first. Get some electrical contact cleaner with a straw. Pull down and away from you the stalk to expose a small gap where the stalk enters the steering column. Then blast it. Move it about. Repeat.  Doing that fixed ours after a few gos. 

Edited by pkyyyy

Agreed, it's probably the stalk gone faulty. However I have seen this behaviour when the spindles have gone tight and nearly seized up due to corrosion of the casting and lack of lubrication over the years.

Even if the stalk fixes the problem, it won't hurt to lubricate your wiper spindles too.